Rough idle

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
smsmart

To add to the anecdotes, my idle RPM's hover around ~550 while in 'D'...for example, when waiting at a stoplight. This is within 2-3 minutes after starting up the car first thing in the morning and driving down the street to go to work.

I've also noticed a strange shudder that you can feel through the brake pedal and steering wheel while idling at a stoplight shortly after starting up the car after a few hours of not driving it. Seems like it only happens while the car is still relatively cold, because it doesn't do it anymore after a few more miles of driving.
bootymac

I've noticed this rumbling/shuddering as well with my CVT. I haven't paid much attention to it but I noticed it occurs when the idle drops down to 550 RPM instead of the usual 600. The last time it happened, I shifted into park and the idle stabilized at a rumble-free 600 RPM. I shifted back into D and the idle stayed at 600.
SamirD

Interesting that you guys have used factory filters and still had the idle issue, and even the converse, adding a K&N and having no problems. Seems like these cars are quite finacky on the air-fuel ratio.

Anyone got a a/f from a stock dyno run? Maybe that's the only way to dial it in right.