My Daughters Kizashi will not start

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Crazyduff

My Daughters Kizashi will not start:
The break is really hard to press and when I push the ignition button it clicks and all the lights come on but will not crank. Also the following messages display:
HILL HOLD DISABLED
SERVICE ESP SYSTEM
The car was running fine, she drove it to the store and when she came out it would not start.

Any on know what is going on
Moto
Site Admin

The break is probably hard to press because it was pressed when the car was off. * normal

Just for fun try to push the start button using the fob (so they are in physical contact).

If you have another fob nearby I would also try having that one in the car.

When you say "it clicks"
It kind of makes me wonder if the battery somehow got too low to crank the car. If the battery is really old It might not have a lot of extra juice if something got left on. Given your description it seems unlike, but my old ford was killing the battery like that a few weeks ago. I thought it a vampire draw. It turned out to be an internal fault in the battery. Two hours of sitting and the car would just click.

If you happen to have a multi meter around I would check to make sure the battery has around 12.6 volts across the terminals.
Ronzuki

Depends if the 'click' is coming from the steering column inside the car. If so, the steering lock is disengaging.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
emmitom

Mine is also having issues. Just today I went to start it and was surprised to get a few clicks and then nothing! I haven't had a problem with my car and just love it. It is a 2011. Here's a video from the experience. I hope it's just a battery. I haven't changed it yet.
KuroNekko

emmitom wrote:Mine is also having issues. Just today I went to start it and was surprised to get a few clicks and then nothing! I haven't had a problem with my car and just love it. It is a 2011. Here's a video from the experience. I hope it's just a battery. I haven't changed it yet.
It's very likely your battery. Mine did a very similar thing when it failed to start at a gas station. Mine is also a 2011, but my battery died last summer. I swapped out the battery for a new Interstate battery from Costco and all was good again. For a 2011, it's about time to change the OE (Original Equipment) battery so I'm nearly certain that's your issue here. Jumping the battery will get it going, but replace the battery ASAP.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
JorgeMontoya

If the battery is good and it still won't crank i just tapped on the steering lock and it engaged so the engine could crank. This item is square silver in color and it's underneath the plastic trim, located on the steering column with a few wires connected to it. When the steering wheel was removed it gave me a hill hold disabled/service esp system so be careful.