Music via Bluetooth Problems

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
atrickpay

Proud new owner of a 2012 Kizashi and I have a quick question. What i'm trying to do is play music using Pandora from my android phone to the Kenwood unit via bluetooth. The phone is synced up and I can make phone calls just fine. The problem I seem to have is that I don't have an option to select "Bluetooth" as a source for audio. My source select screen has 9 options, none of which are bluetooth, and doesn't have a second page.

I guess i'm trying to figure out how to add bluetooth as a source, and possibly remove some of the unnecessary sources. I've checked the user manual for the Kenwood DNX6160 as well as the usual googling, but for some reason i've had no luck. This would seem to be a very simple setting change, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you!
Attachments
This is all the user manual says
This is all the user manual says
bluetooth.png (88.44 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
chazyouwin

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I spent a year and a few months not knowing how to get the Bluetooth signal. At least through the Rockford Fosgate, it is through the CD button.

I had used the manual and programmed the Iphone 4s. Somehow I must have hit the CD button by mistake, and what a wonder - the programming from the Iphone came through loudly and clearly. It's beautiful now - I just turn on the ignition and the sounds come through the car speakers from the Iphone & when I get a call etc. the interruption is well done. Turn off the car, the Iphone picks up the signal.

Not sure if that's your problem, but if you're having trouble playing and you're pretty sure you've programmed correctly, hit the CD button.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
atrickpay

No luck with that either. The 9 options I have are: Video, Nav, Standby, Tuner, iPod, DVD, Sirius, XM, USB

I tried each of them separately just out of curiousity but that didn't work either. I was actually able to get a bluetooth option when I went into the manufacturer menu (holding func & eject and then pressing reset). I have no idea why that doesn't show up in my normal menu. Unfortunately, the phone audio still doesn't go through the speakers. I've never had any trouble doing this on other (cheaper) bluetooth units, I have no idea why it's not a simple process using this higher end head unit.

Any other advice would be great. Can anyone else confirm that they can stream pandora (or any other music apps) using their android phone? I hope it's not impossible
NiteRider

I was able to stream pretty easily with my android using pandora but like chazyouwin said, It's a Fosgate. Why not just call the dealer and ask?
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Remav

Ever get this to work? I'm in the same boat.
Image2011 Sport SLS Navi AWD, White Water Pearl ...in Beautiful Colorado
mario.p-salmorán

I was able to set it up for calls.only since the 2011 kenwood garmin dont have the a2dp feture and support. Try coolstremduo (cost like 30$) is a 30 pin buetooth adapter . All you have to do is attached to the ipod cable found in your glove comparment. Choose ipod mode on your kenwood system. After that go ahead on you smartphone turn bluetooth on
And you should be able to see coolstrem tap on it..wait till you see is connected . After that you are ready to listen music on you lovely kizashi
Remav

mario.p-salmorán wrote:I was able to set it up for calls.only since the 2011 kenwood garmin dont have the a2dp feture and support. Try coolstremduo (cost like 30$) is a 30 pin buetooth adapter . All you have to do is attached to the ipod cable found in your glove comparment. Choose ipod mode on your kenwood system. After that go ahead on you smartphone turn bluetooth on
And you should be able to see coolstrem tap on it..wait till you see is connected . After that you are ready to listen music on you lovely kizashi
Thanks! looks like that will do just fine. It will mute during a call even? Ordered! Will post my results.
Remav

BEST $30 :idea: ever! THANK YOU mario.p-salmorán :!: Ordered Sat, came today (...thanks Amazon Prime)

https://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-Bluet ... B00GHUHMUS

Plugged in, paired, & playing in just a few minutes. (make sure the two USB ends are plugged together :roll: )
Finally, I can listen to Audible without having to plug in to the headphone jack & still suffer from low volume and engine/phone charging noises! (Motoroloa Droid Turbo)
Pandora sounds GREAT! Was worried it would sound bad like Sirius, Nope! Much closer to CD quality than expected.
It was like... :( :) :shock: :o :D :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :drive: