Rear Noise - PLS HELP!!!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
murcod

Keep at them- you've got the documentation there to support your claim.

Did you see the thread where a right hand drive UK Kizashi was affected? The owner had to fight to get Suzuki UK and their dealer to replace the shocks - but it fixed it.

The TSB has pics of the different bump stops - it's easy to see what type is fitted by looking in the wheel well.
David
jedashi

Thanks everyone - ok here's the update:
So the car has been with the dealer since yesterday and everyone has agreed that the noise is quite bad and not normal.

Just got a call not long ago and been advised that both rear shock absorbers will be replaced under warranty :D BUT - they can't be 100% sure that it will be the new design bump stopper!!! :evil:

The reason being there's no record of this issue in Australia and they are not sure if they can get the new design at all... so if they do replace with old version - it is going to fail again anyway!!!

Oh well, will keep everyone posted when the parts arrived (maybe in 3-4 weeks... :? )
murcod

The part number is different for the new bump stop. So if they order the correct part number you'll get the updated part. ;)

(Unless some idiot decides to supply the old stock :roll: )
David
KuroNekko

I think you will be fitted with the new "countermeasure" bump stoppers. You can always check yourself and see. Refer to the link I posted earlier where I compare my countermeasure bump stoppers to Murcod's original bump stoppers. You can tell by the grooves.

Also keep in mind that the corrosion issue is more a problem for Kizashis in humid, wet, or snowy areas. I imagine that Australians, of all Kizashi owners, are the best off regarding this issue.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

After looking at the bump stopper TSB, I wonder if you had the original shocks but no noise issue, like I do, if you could cut a couple of grooves in the original bump stoppers to drain the water. This might stop or slow corrosion for those of us who are outside of the warranty period but have the original shocks and bump stoppers.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

LPSISRL wrote:After looking at the bump stopper TSB, I wonder if you had the original shocks but no noise issue, like I do, if you could cut a couple of grooves in the original bump stoppers to drain the water. This might stop or slow corrosion for those of us who are outside of the warranty period but have the original shocks and bump stoppers.
Unfortunately, the countermeasure isn't only with exterior grooves. Suzuki also changed the inner diameter of the bump stopper.
If you were going to go through the hassle of removing the old bump stopper to mod it, you might as well order the countermeasure part through a dealer and install it yourself as a preemptive measure against rear shock corrosion.
It only took my dealer a day to get them in stock so it makes me think they weren't hard for dealers to come by.
LPSISRL

KuroNekko wrote:
LPSISRL wrote:After looking at the bump stopper TSB, I wonder if you had the original shocks but no noise issue, like I do, if you could cut a couple of grooves in the original bump stoppers to drain the water. This might stop or slow corrosion for those of us who are outside of the warranty period but have the original shocks and bump stoppers.
Unfortunately, the countermeasure isn't only with exterior grooves. Suzuki also changed the inner diameter of the bump stopper.
If you were going to go through the hassle of removing the old bump stopper to mod it, you might as well order the countermeasure part through a dealer and install it yourself as a preemptive measure against rear shock corrosion.
It only took my dealer a day to get them in stock so it makes me think they weren't hard for dealers to come by.
Did you install them yourself? Aren't the shocks mounted inside the spring so you need the correct tool or risk life and limb compressing the spring to remove and reinstall the shock?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

LPSISRL wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
Did you install them yourself? Aren't the shocks mounted inside the spring so you need the correct tool or risk life and limb compressing the spring to remove and reinstall the shock?
No, I had it replaced under warranty and did not pay a dime. I took in the TSB, rode with a mechanic who agreed it was the issue in the TSB, and Suzuki covered it.
It was my one and only visit to a Suzuki service dealer. Not that I avoid them, but I just do all my own maintenance and the Kizashi has been relatively problem-free other than this rear shock issue.

The rear shocks are not coil-overs like the front. The spring in the rear is not housed around the shock so the shock is much more easy to access and remove.
jedashi

Update:
So it has been approx 2 years since I got both rear shocks replaced under warranty (with old parts) as Suzuki Australia / Dealer told me they can't get the new redesigned stopper shocks and guess what? The noise is back!!! Which means they have failed again...
Will be bringing back to the dealer again, warranty expiring June 2017...
Dave Bower

I have a 2012 Kizashi Sport with squeaky rear suspension.
How do I find the TSB for this?

DB