kizashi mpg

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
JDReichert

:D Just returned from a 965 mile trip down into Central Oregon. About 90% of the trip was Freeway or good state highway. The tempture was mostly in the 40's with humity around 50%. We used the cruise control 90% of the time and drove the speed limit, 65MPH on freeway and 55MPH on state roads. During the entire trip we had 36.0 mpg both with the car computer and mathematicially. One tank full indicated 37.6mpg. We were in a very small town, Redmond, Oregon just a little, and all the rest of the driving was highway. The car ran great. We have 8,866 miles now and had changed to Mobil 1 5w-30 oil at 3,000 miles.

Jerry 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
AlexRuiz

Those numbers are impressive Jerry!

The short 2 weeks I've had the car, I find it is very sensitive top the driving habits and the driving conditions. It will get well over 30 mpg on highway driving, but stop and go traffic will sink the mileage. The more stops, the lower the economy. I also find the gasoline brand affects the numbers (ethanol content maybe)

I'll report on the second tank shortly.

Alex
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Fishobaby

JDReichert wrote::D Just returned from a 965 mile trip down into Central Oregon. About 90% of the trip was Freeway or good state highway. The tempture was mostly in the 40's with humity around 50%. We used the cruise control 90% of the time and drove the speed limit, 65MPH on freeway and 55MPH on state roads. During the entire trip we had 36.0 mpg both with the car computer and mathematicially. One tank full indicated 37.6mpg. We were in a very small town, Redmond, Oregon just a little, and all the rest of the driving was highway. The car ran great. We have 8,866 miles now and had changed to Mobil 1 5w-30 oil at 3,000 miles.
I had to go searching, but Jerry has an "SLS AWD silver." 10% ethanol in Oregon...
AlexRuiz

Fishobaby wrote:
JDReichert wrote::D Just returned from a 965 mile trip down into Central Oregon. About 90% of the trip was Freeway or good state highway. The tempture was mostly in the 40's with humity around 50%. We used the cruise control 90% of the time and drove the speed limit, 65MPH on freeway and 55MPH on state roads. During the entire trip we had 36.0 mpg both with the car computer and mathematicially. One tank full indicated 37.6mpg. We were in a very small town, Redmond, Oregon just a little, and all the rest of the driving was highway. The car ran great. We have 8,866 miles now and had changed to Mobil 1 5w-30 oil at 3,000 miles.
I had to go searching, but Jerry has an "SLS AWD silver." 10% ethanol in Oregon...
If that is the case, then his numbers are even more impressive. Ethanol has a lower energy density (kJ/cc) than gasoline.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
AlexRuiz

Second tank

2010 Kizashi S MT.
Trip meter: 345.2 miles
Tank filled: 13.748 gal
Calculated average: 25.11 mpg.
Average reported (trip computer): 27.20 mpg
Gasoline brand: Kroger

Lots of city driving, lots of small trips with a lot of stops. I was expecting better, but not too bad after all.

Alex
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
JDReichert

:D Just a short note on gasoline being used. I only use Chevron in my cars, be it the BMW and Mercedes, I use only premium and the Kizashi it is regular unless I'm going to be in the mountains, then mid-grade. I am very easy on the gas, after all I'm 75.

Jerry - 2010 SLS, BMW 633CSi, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
jimmerz

Well I am lucky to be getting 20-21mpg, now that I am in AWD mode for winter It appears to be about 19-20mpg.

I still love the car and it is fun to drive, but I was really hoping for 23-25mpg....grrrr
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
Shaneous

Been 7 months and I can't shake 10.6 km's per litre :-(

i knew it wouldn't be the advertised 7.9.. but I was hoping for around 9.... ahh well.
Minority

Shaneous wrote:Been 7 months and I can't shake 10.6 km's per litre :-(

i knew it wouldn't be the advertised 7.9.. but I was hoping for around 9.... ahh well.
About the same for me, I can get it down to 9.6L/100km if I do lots of freeway driving but still a long way from the claimed figures!!
The West Australian Newspaper did a long term test on the Kizashi and poor fuel consumption was the biggest complaint.
It wouldn't be so bad if Suzuki didn't make such a big thing in their advertising about having "best in class" fuel consumption, that it certainly aint!
Shaneous

Ahh wow.. glad it's not just me. I only go on the freeway when I need to take it for a service. Daily I do lots of hills and peak hour driving...

One of the main reasons I downgraded from a Commodore was for some, better fuel consumption in a smaller car. ahh well. God knows how they came up with 7.9?!?