Push Start Button - Engine Cranks for at least 10 seconds?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
babacu

I've had this happening to me twice, about a year ago, a couple of months or so after I bought the car. Didn't experience it since. So I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a regular occurrence.
JRock

I am a brand new owner of an SE model and currently have 2300 miles on her. I have had this happen once and was really disappointed when it did. Before this car I had traded in my SX4 for the Kizzy and never thought it was a widespread issue for Suzuki (just thought I had a bad starter). You see the SX4 had very similar problems starting but never left me high and dry so I dismissed it as "I had a finicky car". When I traded the SX4 I thought that would be the last of my rare, occasional yet annoying start up problems but they resurfaced with the Kizashi. I really hope that Suzuki figures this one out to continue to have a growing fan base of this fairly new stylish car. I will go to the dealer soon to complain and hopefully a recall may be in order for owners satisfaction. :x
ladyhotsauce

Just to add some more validation... it happened to me once. My Kizashi only has 2,000 miles on it, so if it does happen again, I too will be going to the dealer.
naviguy

Got a call today from the dealer... he left a message at my house..., "Hi, this is Chris from Suzuki Service. I spoke to Suzuki Engineers last night, and got some information about that 10 second starting problem... Please call me back at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

I haven't gotten through to him yet...
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Red - CVT
Rockford System with Kenwood Navi
Rear 'Suzuki' and 'Kizashi' Badges Removed
themeat424

Nice naviguy. I'm real curious to hear what he has to say.
Jezza

I've had this happen once, ive got 27000 kays on board. The only thing I can think of that was different from normal was that it was parked along a gutter of a road with a high crown/camber, so it was at a larger than normal angle down to the passenger side (Left/Australia)
rocket_man

I have 3k miles on my modofief Kizashi and not even a hiccup from it.
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.
Eric998765

This happened to me yesterday once, though it was more like 5 seconds than 10. 2011 6spd GTS with 6500 miles.
newworld2004

@naviguy
have get in -touch with dealer, I was wondering if there is known issue with Engine Cranks for at least 10 second
???

thx
2010 Dark Blue SLS FWD CVT
1998 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package
1994 Soft-Top Samurai Sold
1993 Isuzu Trooper 2DR Sold
naviguy

newworld2004 wrote:@naviguy
have get in -touch with dealer, I was wondering if there is known issue with Engine Cranks for at least 10 second
???

thx
Sorry guys, been out of town for a while...

Taking her to the dealer today.
Ill update you all...
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Red - CVT
Rockford System with Kenwood Navi
Rear 'Suzuki' and 'Kizashi' Badges Removed