Car door wont open/delay on FOB

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dmitche

Lately, ill have my FOB in my pocket and when I walk up to my car, sometimes it wont read my FOB. So, I'll walk up and push the button on the door handle and it wont even open with the FOB in my pocket! Whats going on? Anyone deal with this before?
jono6406

did you check/replace the battery ?
Ronzuki

I've got this problem w/ my daughter's Olds Alero. I need to take it to my GM dealer to get it sorted out. Battery in original factory FOB is brand new, and we also went to a Batteries Plus Store to get a new FOB which they couldn't get to work w/ the car either. May simply need a BCM reboot....who knows.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
dmitche

How are bcm reboots done?
murcod

dmitche wrote:Lately, ill have my FOB in my pocket and when I walk up to my car, sometimes it wont read my FOB. So, I'll walk up and push the button on the door handle and it wont even open with the FOB in my pocket! Whats going on? Anyone deal with this before?
That's why they supply the hidden key within the smart key- so you can still get in if the smart key battery dies. Have you tried replacing the battery?
David
~tc~

murcod wrote:
dmitche wrote:Lately, ill have my FOB in my pocket and when I walk up to my car, sometimes it wont read my FOB. So, I'll walk up and push the button on the door handle and it wont even open with the FOB in my pocket! Whats going on? Anyone deal with this before?
That's why they supply the hidden key within the smart key- so you can still get in if the smart key battery dies. Have you tried replacing the battery?
And where, exactly would you PUT that key?

The key is to lock the glovebox and trunk when you use valet.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
ipaqxman

Glovebox key can be used to open the door n turn on engine if battery dies. Its in the manual.
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
murcod

~tc~ wrote:
murcod wrote:
And where, exactly would you PUT that key?

The key is to lock the glovebox and trunk when you use valet.
Pages 2-1 to 2-3 in the Australian manual "To unlock the driver's door from outside the vehicle, insert the key and turn the top of the key toward the rear of the vehicle."
David
dmitche

yea, except theres no keyhole anywhere on my kizashi! i think it was weather related issues anyway.
ipaqxman

You sure about that...? Thers not keyhole on the dash... But please check the door. Or let us know your country and model
2011 Kizash SLS AWD