Transmission

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
angel220

Just blew my transmission on my 2010 Kizashi SLS, 117,825 Miles. Question is are the transmission from newer model years transferable to older model years? Ex: 2011 be used on a 2010? Need to know soon please help. Found a place on line that carries the used transmissions, just need to know if it can be done.
Moto
Site Admin

A call to the dealer might be needed, but I would think they are the same. As far as I know the hardware on the transmission never changed. Do make sure you get the software update if you don't have it already.

I would get a second/third opinion to mine. :)

Did you have any symptoms before it blew?
angel220

I came to a stop and when I tried to proceed it started to buck as if the engine wanted to stall but the engine was idling fine, the front wheels felt like they had locked up.Towed it to the dealer they said it was the transmission, and it needed to be replaced
Moto
Site Admin

sucks that this happened now it sounds a lot like the first three people that had the problem happen with under 100k so replacement was free.
angel220

Yeah, I drive on the average 176 miles a day, the car is 2 months short 3 years old.
~tc~

Yeah, that is crazy mileage!

Did you change the fluid, etc?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
angel220

Yes I have and there was a recall which was also done.
Northernstar

do you have to CVT or standard??
murcod

CVT at a guess. (Especially when updated software was mentioned earlier.)

I've heard the manual boxes are strong and can handle more power (eg. the turbo conversions.) I would have thought Suzuki would have their CVT's well and truly sorted as they've been making them for many years.
David
Stodge

murcod wrote:CVT at a guess. (Especially when updated software was mentioned earlier.)

I've heard the manual boxes are strong and can handle more power (eg. the turbo conversions.) I would have thought Suzuki would have their CVT's well and truly sorted as they've been making them for many years.
The CVT is from Jatco and is the same one used in the Sentra/Versa.