Tow Bar

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ronwat1942

Hi, Has any one got a tow bar on there car if so how concealed is it, some information or some pictures would be great .
WIKizashi

I don't but looking at the Curt Manufacturing website it looks like they only sell a Class 1 hitch for the Kizashi. I've had good experiences with their customer service so if you email them you might be able to get a picture or specs or something.
Kelevra

ronwat1942 wrote:Hi, Has any one got a tow bar on there car if so how concealed is it, some information or some pictures would be great .
I'm interested in one as well, I'd like to add a small trailer to put my sportbike on.
yezzaboss

I have a Curt trailer hitch or towbar on my black Kizashi (2011 CVT 2WD). Before buying the hitch, I downloaded the installation instructions from the Curt website, to get an idea not only of installation, but also of appearance. Those excellent instructions show the appearance of the thing in one photo.

It's inconspicuous (with the actual towbar and ball removed), sort of like a black thickening of the underside of the rear bumper - also black in my case.

A mechanic pal (who has a hoist!) and I - 2 guys in our late sixties - did the installation in 50 minutes. All went per Curt instructions: remove mufflers, then remove heat shields, enlarge 4 holes in frame rails, fish attachment bolts, bolt on hitch, replace mufflers.

The wiring harness or T-connector was really straightforward to install. Curt Customer Service was 10 out of 10 when the first connector turned out to need replacing due to a defect.

Sorry I`m not able to send photos, but as I noted, Curt`s documents show final look.

I`ve towed my boat and trailer (total weight 1050 pounds) with no discernable rise in RPMs and temperature compared to what I see at same speeds without tow. Longest trip so far was about 70 miles one-way. No effect on handling, either.

In my humble opinion, a hitch like mine looks better than a rooftop carrier, costs less, and allows one to haul ten time the load! So there!!

Good luck!
2011 Kizashi 'S'
Ronzuki

Actually a tow bar attaches to the front of a vehicle so that it may be towed by another vehicle with all 4 wheels on the ground (flat towing). Most AWD vehicles can not be flat towed as it will overheat and destroy the coupling mechanisms.
I beleive you are looking for the hitch receiver, which is the steel framed structure bolted to the rear chasis of the tow vehicle. A draw bar is the removeable device (which the hitch ball is installed on) that slides in to the receiver. Just thought I'd offer up the correct terminology to assist in your search. ;)
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)