Brake service

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
bootymac

kizashijayy wrote:Is it possible that after only 20k miles I need to replace the rear brakes? The guy tried to tell me the rear pads come with less padding than the fronts. Don't know if that's really the case but I don't drive very aggressively so to have to change them already is annoying. ESP when I was quoted around 270 not sure if that's including labor though.
Take a look and see how much pad material is left.

Is that quote from the dealer?
KuroNekko

kizashijayy wrote:Is it possible that after only 20k miles I need to replace the rear brakes? The guy tried to tell me the rear pads come with less padding than the fronts. Don't know if that's really the case but I don't drive very aggressively so to have to change them already is annoying. ESP when I was quoted around 270 not sure if that's including labor though.
20K is quite premature for brake pads to be replaced, especially the rear. Do you live in a hilly area or on a mountain? If so, then brakes will wear out sooner.
Also, front brake pads and rotors are almost always larger than the rears. However, the front brakes do most of the stopping so the rears usually last longer even though being smaller. Also, I'm not certain whether the rear pads would be less thick than the fronts. The difference is usually in size (length) rather than pad thickness between front and rear. I could be wrong however as I have not taken my brakes off in this car yet.

$270 should include parts AND labor. If not, get it done elsewhere. $270 alone for parts is INSANE for a car like this. I am almost certain the estimate was for labor as well.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

My Suzuki dealer's mechanic that cares for my K also has one (his wife). He'd replaced the brakes in his every 20K.
He blames his wife's driving style.

My fronts, replaced (with pads and rotors from SP Performance) at 92K, did NOT need replacement.
bootymac

WESHOOT2 wrote:My Suzuki dealer's mechanic that cares for my K also has one (his wife). He'd replaced the brakes in his every 20K.
He blames his wife's driving style.

My fronts, replaced (with pads and rotors from SP Performance) at 92K, did NOT need replacement.
How do the SP brakes compare to stock? I'm actually quite impressed with the factory Akebonos