Window question

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Bizzenn

Ok, so I know that the windows slow down when sealing as you close it, but sometimes mine is extra slow and I hear a creaking sound as it seals. It doesn't happen often. It sounds like a friction issue. Also, when its really hot out, I hear a loud click when the window is going down. Anybody experienced this? If its normal then I don't care as it doesnt bother me all that much.
babacu

I'm not sure how normal it is, but I also hear that noise when it's hot outside. It happens mostly after the car sat in the parking lot, in the sun, for a full day and I open the windows.

I had that for at least a couple of summers, now, so we can say it's not leading to a quick death. Long term, we'll see, I guess...
Bizzenn

Thats exactly what mine does. I feel better about that part. Any issues with friction between the window and the seals? I was thinking about putting some type of silicone lubricant on the rubber seals.
Woodie

It can never hurt to silicone lube all the rubber seals twice a year. They'll seal better and stick less. Everything that opens has thick rubber seals around it.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Bizzenn

Will do.
jono6406

Just use a silicone that won't degrade your rubber and shoot the channels(run track) of your windows and don't use sparingly.
Bizzenn

Thank you for the advice. It's much appreciated.
Bizzenn

Ok, something new, when the window slows down to the point that its struggling to make it up, it will automatically go back down and stop about 3/4 of the way down. anybody experience this?
WESHOOT2

My drivers side does that.
Because it's so gummy from smokestain it trips the 'can't-crush' sensor.

Clean the window on both sides and it will work correctly; clean it good.
murcod

Have the people with the "sticking" issue got their windows tinted? I know of one Kizashi owner who had the electric window motor die completely- from memory Suzuki kindly blamed it on the window tint and refused to cover it under warranty!
David