The Rockford Fosgate 'Sound'

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

What is this system supposed to sound like in fully defaulted, stock form? Is it supposed to be heavy on bass, treble, flat?

The reason I ask is because our's sounded completely tinny, like the worst car stereo I've ever heard. :(
CLLee

First of all welcome to the family.

Mine sounded pretty good actually.
The sub is not that powerful and I think the crossover is a bit too high for my liking. But overall, I find the soundstage (spatial dispersion) to be very good.

I listen to mostly classical music and hate it when everything sounds like it's cramped in a can.

Recently played the same CD in my Kizashi, the family's Accord Euro Lux and Corolla. The RF unit sounded heaps better.
Juan

I'm satisfied with my RF, I think the sub is fine for the size of the car - is not overwhelming but filling. I think there's plenty of bass and highs.
red rider

I would agree with Juan. I've listened to some reference car audio cd's and it sounds fine. I wonder if you're audio control settings have been adjusted or messed with? I would go into the manual, reset everything to 0 or flat and listen to a good CD and see if sounds the same. If anything, I would say the systems a touch bass heavy.
SamirD

Thank you for the replies!
red rider wrote:I wonder if you're audio control settings have been adjusted or messed with? I would go into the manual, reset everything to 0 or flat and listen to a good CD and see if sounds the same. If anything, I would say the systems a touch bass heavy.
That was the first thing I was thinking, so I went into the equalizier and leveled everything to flat and turned off the loudness. It's waaaaay too much highs and midrange and bass are almost non-existent. The only way I've been happy with it is to turn the treble completely down and keep mid and bass at stock levels. Even then it sounds just okay. This is the Navi unit btw.

I'll have to try a CD and see if it's any better than the tuner. My wife's iphone sounded about the same, so I'm not thinking it's a particular input.

I'm wondering if an amp has died? :|
red rider

If after further trouble shooting and listening it's still a problem, I definitely would have the system checked out.
murcod

SamirD wrote: This is the Navi unit btw.

I'll have to try a CD and see if it's any better than the tuner. My wife's iphone sounded about the same, so I'm not thinking it's a particular input.

I'm wondering if an amp has died? :|
Haven't USA owners with the Navi Unit combined with Rockford system complained in the past about this?
David
LPSISRL

Mine sounds fantastic. Maybe your sub-woofer is out and that's why there's not bass?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
jono6406

I have the Kenwwod unit also and I had to play with mines until I got it right. No it sounds good.
SamirD

red rider wrote:If after further trouble shooting and listening it's still a problem, I definitely would have the system checked out.
Definitely. Especially when it is still under warranty.