LED or xenon headlights...which is better?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dmitche

Looking to put some good quality headlights outside the halogen ones. Anyone recommend a certain brand that they have on the kizashi?
KuroNekko

Are you talking about replacing the headlight bulbs inside the headlight or are you talking about auxiliary lights?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dmitche

Yes replacing the headlight bulbs.
kizashi

Interested too waiting for an answer.
dmitche

Heard HID lights are good too. Amazon has them for the kizzys
BLyons

Kuro has a good topic on it in the DIY section. He has HIDs, specifically Morimoto XB35s from The Retrofit Source. I have the same ones in mine and they are really nice. One thing I will say though is that the newer kits seem to have a shorter wire on the relay than what his had, so you'll probably have to mount the relay where he mounted the drivers side ballast in his writeup for the wire to reach the passenger side ballast.

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =32&t=2861
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
dmitche

found this: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/compo ... restrict=1

For $40, that is not a bad price at all. I just may go ahead and order them in.
BLyons

Those are just bulbs though. I think you would need a whole kit with the ballasts and everything.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Woodie

If you go back to that page and click on "HD Systems" up at the top, you'll see that it's quite involved, and $150 to start.

Here's a comprehensive DIY http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2861
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Yes, as the others have said, the HID conversion installation is much more involved than just replacing the bulbs. The links from BLyons and Woodie are for my write-up for an HID kit. You need more than just the bulbs. You need an entire kit which includes the bulbs, the ballasts, igniters, and an optional harness. HID bulbs work very differently than halogens. Halogens are like contemporary filament light bulbs enhanced by the properties of the halogen gas inside the bulb. HIDs actually work by a chemical reaction in which special salts inside the bulb are melted to become plasma, emitting a lot of light. To initiate this reaction, very high voltage is first needed. This is where the ballasts and igniters come in.

LED conversion kits are similar, but again work differently than halogens or HIDs. They consume the least about of energy and tend to have the best longevity. However, the issue with LEDs is that they have refraction issues in housings not designed for them (since they are mounted to a surface) and their emitters need to be adequately cooled. Hence, most LED bulbs outputting over 2500 lumens will require fans attached to the base of the bulb. This makes installation more complicated in sealed headlights like the Kizashi has.

My advice is the get HIDs given I'm not sure if LEDs will work as good as HID bulbs in the Kizashi's projector lens of the low beams. HID bulbs work very well. Also, HID bulbs are much lower profile without fans at the base. This means installation will be easier. All you have to do is drill the dust caps to fit the rubber grommets that lead the wires out.

My recommendation is to get a Morimoto kit given their quality and price. It's what I have and it's been quite reliable over the 2 years I've had them. TRS' customer support is also excellent.
The link below is the very kit you need for the Kizashi. You can customize the ballast wattage and bulb kelvin color temperature to fit your liking. You don't need a Canbus harness given the Kizashi doesn't have Canbus (bulb outage warning system) for the headlight bulbs.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-s ... tNINtC-P1A

However, if you want to read up on my LED conversion kit experiences, you can check it out here. However, keep in mind that this was for the DRL/high beam bulb and I ended up returning them due to pulsing voltage issues. I never bothered putting them in the low beam housing to try them out given the hassle and my existing HID kit in there.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =32&t=2900
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)