key fob problem

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ronzuki

Anytime. The symptoms of your problem intrigued me a bit....and now we know there's a separate antenna for the trunk and where all the damn things are located for future reference.

I rarely use the FOB either. I just walk up and use the buttons on the doors & trunk as well.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Woodie

You have to hold the trunk release button down for a second or two, punching it quickly will do nothing.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote:You have to hold the trunk release button down for a second or two, punching it quickly will do nothing.
That's an excellent point to bring up.
Ron

ragmopp01

You have to hold the trunk release button down for a second or two, punching it quickly will do nothing.

Oh, how I wish that would work! And it did!! What a idiot I have been. I have only owned the car for 5 years... Of course, my excuse, is that I use the button on the car to open so how would I know? (yeah right).

Ron, thanks for the research (again).
Woodie, thanks for saving me grief of having someone look at it, to just tell me how stupid I've been. Of course, I just did it on the internet for crying out loud....sigh...

Mike
LPSISRL

I think we've all been there in one way or another...
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
dslatsh

Oh boy that's interesting.....hmmm...they told me they only had one....wonder if they lied be kind of strange to though
Ronzuki

dslatsh wrote:Oh boy that's interesting.....hmmm...they told me they only had one....wonder if they lied be kind of strange to though
One receiver control module...multiple antennas.

Who's "they"?

If you are referring to a service 'advisor', well, then don't be surprised. "They" usually don't know crap about the cars they're 'advising' you about. Their job is to advise you on how to part with your money. Find the FSM download and you can read about pretty much any system in the car. There's a general description of each system and how it operates, diag an repair procedures. That combined with the Suzuki Parts website's diagrams and there's not too much a half decent backyard mechanic can't at least pinpoint in order to advise the advisors.
Ron

dslatsh

Ops sorry I was referring to my comment before about how I was givenot only one fob key when I bought mine used last year