PCV Valve / Purge Valve not clearing?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
anna.quinn

Just purchased a 2012 Kizashi from a dealership. Drove it off the lot and as I did a ton of white smoke came out the back and basically engulfed the car. I took it to the dealership for diagnostics and the only problems they could find were the fault codes for the PCV Valve and the purge valve. They said the smoke was engine build up. So I bought sea foam, ran it through my vacuum system and oil, changed my oil, replaced the PCV valve AND the purge valve... And the same codes are still showing up... As well as the smoke. Anyone heard of anything like this?!
Moto
Site Admin

Used car lot or a real dealer? Normal car dealer should fix it if they just sold it to you.

This is not common with this car, but it has been seen before.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3364

The member that started the thread hasn't been around for about a year... I wonder if he still has his car...

Edit: Did a little internet stalker detective work and ran both of your IP addresses (normal members do not have access to the same information).

That thread was started by someone from Houston... I have a feeling you could have ended up with the same car.

It's also possible that it is simply more common in cars that see extreme heat. My future sister in-law drives a car from TX. It had similar issues... I replaced the PCV valve and a bunch of gaskets. I've since been running good synthetic through it to try to break up the gunk. As far as I know the car hasn't developed any more leaks and oil consumption is down.

I'm fairly sure you are aware, but if you aren't cars with PCV valve issues will develop oil leaks (I would check it over for leaks now).
Ronzuki

Year: 2011
Mileage: 47,000
Transmission: CVT, Paddle Shifters

Different model year vehicle from the other post, so not likely the same car.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Did you check your air filter? Also, check the hoses connecting to the PCV system.
Lastly, how long did you run the engine after the Seafoam treatment? It will smoke quite a bit for several minutes after use in normal conditions.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

Ronzuki wrote:Dfferent model year vehicle from the other post, so not likely the same car.
Not sure how I missed that.
:facepalm:
LPSISRL

White "smoke" is usually steam. Oil based smoke has a definite blue tint to it.
A compression check will tell you if you've got a head gasket or some other issue that's allowing coolant to enter the combustion chamber producing the white "smoke". Also, have you checked the plugs for oil fouling? That would indicate a possible ring/piston problem. You didn't mention how many miles. It's got a 7yr/100K power train warranty. Persistent excess smoke or steam seems to me would be covered. Take it to a Suzuki service center. Good luck!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

anna.quinn wrote:Just purchased a 2012 Kizashi from a dealership. Drove it off the lot and as I did a ton of white smoke came out the back and basically engulfed the car. I took it to the dealership for diagnostics and the only problems they could find were the fault codes for the PCV Valve and the purge valve. They said the smoke was engine build up. So I bought sea foam, ran it through my vacuum system and oil, changed my oil, replaced the PCV valve AND the purge valve... And the same codes are still showing up... As well as the smoke. Anyone heard of anything like this?!
Honestly you should have turned right around and demanded your money back...loudly and forcefully. It didn't exhibit any of this during the test drive? No offense, but seriously, I'd be looking at the best lawyer to hire if the seller doesn't take the car back and make it right versus asking this forum what the problem is or could be.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)