Kizashi Remote Start

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
gentle_ben

When I bought this car for my wife in June, we told the salesman that the car HAD to have remote start, or at least be able to add remote start at some point. They told us no problem, its just $550 from their local installer plus the cost of another key to bury under the dash for the push button start to work. This didn't make sense to me, but whatever, we bought the car and I took it to a shop recently that I have done business with in the past and trust. They do some research and tell me that there is no kit currently available that will work with the Kizashi, and they warned me about going through the dealer b.c if they couldn't get a kit, then neither could they. So I end up back at the dealership, and they admit that they were wrong, and they say they and the installer they use both cannot get kits.

Command start is absolutely essential as my wife does on call work, and when its -40 outside, she needs to be able to get the car running as soon as possible for response times.

Any advice, or anyone else successfully get a Kizashi with push button start to work with a remote starter system?
TheHolyGhost

This came up before, I think at the time nobody was aware of any system that worker for any push button start vehicle. Unless something new came out fairly recently, I'd assume that's still the case. Sorry.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

This is nonsense i had a remote start installed in my car and it works great you just need someone who really knows what they are doing.. I got a shop for you ahhh in new york though im a fan of remote start too
gentle_ben

lookin wrote:This is nonsense i had a remote start installed in my car and it works great you just need someone who really knows what they are doing.. I got a shop for you ahhh in new york though im a fan of remote start too
Your Kizashi has the push button start? If so, can you tell me what brand of remote starter was used and/or bypass system for the keyfob proximity sensor?

Thanks! :P
lookin

yes i do have push button i think all kizashi do i will ask my installer but i do know the remote is compustar and boy it has a long range
gentle_ben

lookin wrote:yes i do have push button i think all kizashi do i will ask my installer but i do know the remote is compustar and boy it has a long range
Sweet, thanks for replying, at least I know its possible. Do you know how they got around not having the key fob near the car to start it? They told me initially that they would have to hide a fob under the dash somewhere, but then they also said that anyone could steal the car if they did that.
ThunderSky

I bet they need a "bypass module" that will emulate our Keyfob, but only while it's in Autostart mode. Once you touch the brake you need a Keyfob in proximity to the car.
Last edited by ThunderSky on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege
jblanchard5

Does it matter that they don't list 2010 Kizashi only the 2011? Not sure if there was a change in the electronics.
JIM
2010 Kizashi SE (new 09/27/10)
White Water Pearl
lookin

gentle_ben wrote:
lookin wrote:yes i do have push button i think all kizashi do i will ask my installer but i do know the remote is compustar and boy it has a long range
Sweet, thanks for replying, at least I know its possible. Do you know how they got around not having the key fob near the car to start it? They told me initially that they would have to hide a fob under the dash somewhere, but then they also said that anyone could steal the car if they did that.
you have to lose a key which is cheap this is nothing new all cars with a chip in the key needs this i had to do the same with my previous jetta that quote about stealing the car is b/s also ..if somebody gets into the car by breaking in the car shuts down and without the remote the car aint starting.also an added plus of the remote start is that once you get into the car and put the car in drive the doors lock and unlock in park for those who like that feature as we all know suzuki overlooked that feature..also for the record there is a bunch of cars in new york city with push button start and remort start when i got mine done there was a lot of cars at the same spot being done..this is nothing new even the suzuki dealer here does it but they charge a lot more...im considering doing a short video to show you guys kizashi remote starting...
lookin

ok update i spoke to my guy at the time of my installation there was no module for the car so it was hard wired for the remote start you just have to know the ins and outs of how a car is wired there is no voiding of the warranty but if there is a problem with the remote start dont expect the dealer to touch it straight common sense,, as of now there is a module made for the car so its easier now... what i have is a compustar two way remote so i know when the car is running or not if its locked or not this usefull as i said before the range is long which is pretty cool so dont be fooled that it cant be done you just need the right people and they have to know what they are doing this is very common here in ny ..the brake is not utilised on this car but once the driver door is pulled the car shuts off my truck has remote start and uses the brake as a shut off so i have both there is no advantage so go ahead kizashi owners get your remote start and you could get auto lock and unlock too..as far as hiding a key in the module a thief dont have time to remove the dash and remove the steering wheel to get to a key and then put it back together think about it and the key is buried in there .....just to let you know also the factory remote works the same way with keyless entry and the compustar remote does everything the factory remote does except for the keyless part but when i use that remote instead of unlocking the driver door only it unlocks all doors with one press and yes the car is locked when remote started i have 12 minutes or 25 minutes run time i chose 12 which is enough time to warm or cool car i hope i covered everything