volume jumps

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
nuts_n_bolts

I own a 2010 GTS AWD. The volume jumps are driving me crazy! In my case its worse when playing CD's and a bit better when using the radio. The AVC feature is in the off position and is not the cause of the issue. My dealer has no idea what to do. any suggestions?
mapeterson2

Might be the amp, I know there were a few guys that had a problem with the sub and/or amp.
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
chevydually

if avc is off and stills does it needs amp dealer needs to diagnose and verify it but if it does it with it off needs amp 95% of the times
gentle_ben

I am getting the volume jumps, and I am also getting pops and squeaks out of all the front speakers, could the amp be the likely culprit? I just had the sub changed out on warranty, and before that the audio system worked flawlessly.
chevydually

if the volume jumping with auto volume off the amp is 9lem5% of the time is problem
kayjay

I would suggest turning the Auto-Volume "OFF"
Here is what the manual says about adjusting it:
Adjusting the AVC (Auto volume control)
The Auto Volume Control (AVC) function automatically adjusts (increases/decreases) the sound volume in accordance with vehicle speed. The AVC control is provided with three selectable levels (LEVEL OFF, 1, 2, 3). The range of volume adjustment increases together with the LEVEL number.
1) Press the TUNE FOLDER PUSH SOUND knob
(2) until the AVC adjustment mode is selected.
2) Turn the TUNE FOLDER PUSH
SOUND knob (2) to select the desired AVC adjustment level.
(Initial setting: LEVEL 2)
Shaneous

If AVC is already off for both of you then from experience It _IS_ the amp. Get it changed. The volume on my uniy was all over the place from brand new. only after the second amp change using a new amp from a new model did the issue go away.

Cheers
Ronzuki

Experienced this problem today......CD playing, volume around 16-17 and AVC off, long ride just me in the car. Volume jumping up and down. Knew about this problem from lurking in here b4 I purchased, so now they'll need to fix it. No biggie.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Ronzuki

Interesting tid-bit on this pheonom....now that it's gotten much colder outside, I haven't noticed any volume jumps occurring at all the past several days. Anyone else experiencing this? Makes perfect sense however because the amp (the suspect component) is located in the trunk IIRC. And, heat is an electronics killer especially if the components in the amp were marginal spec from the manufacturer to begin with. Might have to wait until spring to get this one resolved.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
RonJeremy

I just took my GTS in today for this same reason, and they're replacing the amp. They said it's been a pretty common occurrence with this stereo. I had the sub replaced two days after purchasing the car. I actually drove it home with the annoying rattle :? Problem solved.