Anyone else's A/C feel weak?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
jute2003

I remember there being a similar conversation on the sx4 forum. The consensus was that a smaller unit was used in the sx4 than whats typical for the average vehicle. What the benefit is I'm not sure. I suppose it may slightly cut costs for the manufacturer and possibly improve fuel milage a liittle. Maybe it provides for less ware to the alternator. Either way.......A good window tinting will greatly help. Personally, I've been pleased with both the sx4 and the kizashi's AC. Neither have had the cooling ability of my past vehicles but I've never been much of a fan of goosebumps in july.
Ronzuki

Ditto....as long as the humidity's gone, I'm more than comfortable. The Kiz as well as our 2008 and 2011 model SX4s all get the job done with no problem. I will say we don't have tint in any of them, and you get a sunburn quick A/C or not. (Probably not anymore room under the hood in the SX4s for anything bigger)
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
nytq

Just some feedback.

I checked the temp of the air at the vents with engine revved. It was around 42 F. Air conditioning generally should drop the air temp about 20 deg F from the air being taken in. That day was in the 60's. So seemed like it was running normal.

I have experienced where I was just parked on a hot day were the air just didn't seem to really do much. Like most cars today, they want to maximize gas efficiency. So that compressor is going to kick on a lot less when just at idle.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Minority

Not the worst I've experienced but certainly takes longer to cool the cabin down on a hot day than my Mazda 6 used to.
lookin

on really hot days i find that on lo recirculating setting initially it gets cold then i could turn down the temperature i also use to think it was weak but i found my technique
BxKizashiS

Word my AC too, I got. 2011 S, it's so weak, & it's not even that cold. I don't see how it would need to recharge neither cuz the car is new, smh
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
tigerbangs54

Frankly, I am always surprised by how quickly the cabin cools down in my Kizashi SE after I start the car. I don't try to 'game' the automatic temperature control, either, I just leave the system on automatic at 68 degrees, and the car cools off quickly and comfortably. I do make sure that ALL the vents are fully open, including those in the rear console. I found that trying to override the automatic system only delays the cooling process, and I have had the car need to cool me down on several 100 degree days with New England levels of humidity. My system automatically starts out in RECIRC mode, and won't switch to the 'fresh air' mode until the cabin has reached it's desired temp. No complaints here.
Trailboss

In a conversation with my wife as she was driving the other night, she commented that as she closed the moonroof, it seemed that the A/C seemed to get weak. I have noticed that is common in vehicles with tight cabins, everything from a Peterbilt to a Kizashi ...nowhere for the air to go.
Bob225

Mine is weak at idle. Seems to work ok when I am moving or reving up the engine.
tigerbangs54

If you are attempting to cool the car down while the system is in the 'fresh air' mode, you are not going to get very much cold air, and the system will take forever to get cold: I had the same issue with my 2005 Dodge Magnum. Both cars allowed a full-fresh-air setting, with the same result. I strongly suggest that, if your system does not automatically default to the 'recirc' mode, then force the system into that mode and the car will switch back to 'fresh air' as soon as it has gotten to the preset temperature. Once you do, you should have your car cool you down quickly and comfortably. If you start out in the 'fresh air' mode, you will be very dissatisfied whenever the outside temperature gets much above 75F.