Anyone else's A/C feel weak?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
tigerbangs54

98 degrees on Thursday here in Springfield with dew point around 70 degrees, and the car cooled off completely in just about a mile and a half after sitting in the sun for several hours. My car is dark blue with the ivory interior, and the A/C did a fine job as long as you make sure that the system is in full automatic mode and the system is in recirc.
AlexRuiz

When I took one my first test drive in a Kizashi, the A/C felt antarctic cold. Yes, it was quite hot outside, but the A/C made the cabin feel too cold.

After I bought mine, the A/C felt quite weaker than the car I test drove. I haven't checked the refrigerant charge level, but I am suspecting that a little variation in charge makes quite a difference in performance.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Stodge

AlexRuiz wrote:When I took one my first test drive in a Kizashi, the A/C felt antarctic cold. Yes, it was quite hot outside, but the A/C made the cabin feel too cold.

After I bought mine, the A/C felt quite weaker than the car I test drove. I haven't checked the refrigerant charge level, but I am suspecting that a little variation in charge makes quite a difference in performance.
I'm no expert but I've heard the same thing from Chevy Cruze owners.
chazyouwin

I could be wrong, but I don't think what people are calling the "fresh air" mode/button is there to get fresh air in the cabin. It is for defrosting- if you don't put it in the defrost mode your windows will not defrost. Also, if you use defrost mode when you are trying to air condition (cool) the vehicle you will not succeed. Must have the recirc button pressed in order for there to be much a/c.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
murcod

:shock:
Minority wrote:Not the worst I've experienced but certainly takes longer to cool the cabin down on a hot day than my Mazda 6 used to.
OMG I hope not! One of the reasons we sold our GG1032 6 was due to the useless aircon. It was Phantom Blue with tinted windows. On hot days (35C + ) it was useless; they couldn't fix it under warranty either. We sold it during winter..... ;)

I did figure out that it didn't seem to have any fan in front of the condensor to help cool it. I was going to fit one but never got around to it. (Every other vehicle I've owned has a dedicated cooling fan for the condensor, I guess it comes on at the same time as the compressor?) In the 6 there was a noticeable drop in aircon performance when stop at the traffic lights- lack of airflow over the condensor would seem a contributing factor.

Other climate controlled vehicles I've owned will often switch to "recirculate" on hot days when the A/C is initially turned on. That helps the A/C cool the interior quicker (the cooler interior air is drawn back through the evapourator and will be cooled to a lower temperature than the external hot air would.) They will then switch back into "fresh air" once the interior temperature has started dropping to a reasonable level.

I haven't had any hot days to test out the Kizashi's A/C, but I'm hoping it's a decent system.
David
ah_Perth

I have gone through two West Australian summers. No problems
murcod

Good to hear. I've had my warranty extended to 5 years so plenty of time (and Summer days) to get it sorted if there are problems.

Our 2004 Suzuki XL-7 has an excellent system for keeping the temps down in Summer. The climate control side of things seems to be a bit haywire, but as long as it heat or cools when the temp dial is changed I'm happy.
David
MrNWA

I noticed my AC wasnt that cold so i went to a shop they gave it a boost of 4lb of juice an in 30+ degree weather in calgary its so cold i only use recirculate when im 1st in the car to cool air down faster but its so cold now i can just use the hot fresh air coming in an its still cold ill turn the knob up from LO to about 17.5 temp. I think suzuki didnt put enough freon in the system and thats why it feels weak! give this a try it cost me $75 for the boost and im glade i figured this out cause now its way to cold lol
KuroNekko

MrNWA wrote:I noticed my AC wasnt that cold so i went to a shop they gave it a boost of 4lb of juice an in 30+ degree weather in calgary its so cold i only use recirculate when im 1st in the car to cool air down faster but its so cold now i can just use the hot fresh air coming in an its still cold ill turn the knob up from LO to about 17.5 temp. I think suzuki didnt put enough freon in the system and thats why it feels weak! give this a try it cost me $75 for the boost and im glade i figured this out cause now its way to cold lol
Whenever I had the A/C get weak in other cars, I bought an A/C recharge kit with a hose and gauge from an auto parts store. Just follow the instructions on the bottle and it will cheaply yet significantly restore your A/C performance as long as you don't have a leak in the system somewhere.
I haven't had issues with my Kizashi's A/C yet, but I've used these kinds of recharge kits in numerous cars with very good results.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
FrankoLaMoya

I believe the AC temperature is fine, but our systems just do not push the air like other vehicles. My girlfriend had an Elantra and I could feel the air when she put the level in the middle while I had to put mine at the strongest level in my Kizashi to come up with the same amount of air she was getting in hers.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)