It's been fun

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Blackbelt

Last Friday, on my way to work, I was involved in an accident. I got hit HARD in the rear, and pushed into an SUV that was in front of me(i had actually tapped the SUV, it was a chain reaction disaster) Total of 4 vehicles, i was the second.
I just got the word today that the Kizzy is a total. She ran under the bumper beam and mangled the structure of the car.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
Wonson92

Urgh that sucks! Hope your alright.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
Blackbelt

I was sore but i am fine now.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
murcod

Good to hear you got out okay.

Any thoughts on a replacement vehicle yet?
David
Northernstar

man this sucks, at least you are alright.
KuroNekko

Man, sorry to hear about the loss of your car. Good to hear that you are okay.

I was in a similar accident in my former car, but the car behind me hit me at a very low speed. I was basically pushed into a Jeep Grand Cherokee in front of me. My hood went into the Jeep's tow hitch and crumpled the hood and smashed the grill.
The rear damage was nothing more than a scratch, but because it was in traffic and at the moment I was hit, I was slowly engaging my clutch while giving it a little gas, I was pushed with no brake resistance on my part into the Jeep.

Keep us posted on what you decide to get as a replacement vehicle.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
kizashigal

Sorry to hear about the accident, how did the Kizzy hold up?
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
Blackbelt

The Kizzy did a good job of protecting me. I was belted in and my head restraint was in its proper position, so i am sure that helped. I was able to drive away after the accident. The girl who hit me had to be towed(Elantra). The Kizzy didn't look too badly damaged, but the damage she caused was structural, and it was just too much to repair.
I thought about an Impreza, but they are a little pricy IMO. I am thinking about another Kizzy, or maybe an SX4. I got enough of a settlement form my insurance company to almost pay cash for a new SX4. I love our 2009, so i wouldnt mind another one. I am also considering a Chrysler 200 with the 290HP V6, since my brother works for a Chrysler dealer. I could get a fully loaded 200 limited for a little under $20K.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
jute2003

That sucks. At least the car seemed to protect you well enough. In the end thats all that matters. I hope you find something good to replace it. The 200's are probably alright but it bugs me that they made such a big deal out of this "new" model when it looks exactly like a sebring.
Blackbelt

jute2003 wrote:That sucks. At least the car seemed to protect you well enough. In the end thats all that matters. I hope you find something good to replace it. The 200's are probably alright but it bugs me that they made such a big deal out of this "new" model when it looks exactly like a sebring.
They really improved the interior in the 200 over the old Sebring. The big draw for me with the 200 is engine. The Pentastar makes the 200 into a quick car. The rest of it is just OK though. I actually have a bse 4 banger 200 right now as my rental, and to be honest with the 4 its a pretty awful car. But then, it's a base rental unit so i shouldn't expect much.
2010 Kizashi S AWD