Ideas for Wheels???

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
murcod

SuzukiGirl14 wrote:I decided on a wheel, but unfortunatly it is heavier than the stock rim. I couldnt find the exact weight of the 17" alloy rims but these new wheels have an average of 25. As mentioned above, I'm not trying to spend alot of money but these wheels have been the only ones that I truely liked. Will this be a major issue on my car?
I wouldn't worry too much about the weight side of things. Quite likely they'll still be a bit less than the Suzuki rim (vehicle manufacturers tend to go for strength over light weight as they don't want to be replacing rims under warranty.)
David
11zukizashi

murcod wrote:You're also comparing 17" to 18" wheels between SE and GTS
I am reffering to 2011 and 2012 cars not 2010. Both 18.
About the sidewalls... if you had read my post I acknowledged the irrelevant drag strip stuff:
11zukizashi wrote:unless your car produces enough torque to use the tire as a launch spring.
murcod

Traction off the line irrelevant in a front wheel drive Kizashi? Mine will spin the wheels without too much provocation, I'd much rather it didn't.

Anyway, back to wheels choices. I think the aesthetics are possibly a high priority in SuzukiGirl's wheel options, not outright performance? The info is there to help (or hinder?!) any decision. :)
David
jute2003

We got 16's of this one for our snow tires. Really changed the look of the car. It made it look much more sporty.
kizashijayy

^^ What is the make/model of those rims? Was looking at the Sport Edition F10 with black accents, but I like those better.
Attachments
se_f10_mfba_ci3_l.jpg
se_f10_mfba_ci3_l.jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 4802 times
~tc~

F1 uses 14" rims.

The only reason to go to bigger sizes is because you like the looks, in EVERY other regard, the smaller rim is better.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
chazyouwin

Here are 16" purchased mounted from Tire Rack - I posted these pics here a year or so ago. Going from 18" stock to 16" with snows made quite a noticeable difference in steering response. Sure, when you hit the pothole with the bigger sidewall of the tire on the 16" wheel you have a better cushion. But with the 18" you can steer around most of those potholes. You have great precision. It's a tradeoff on the steering response, to be balanced with looks, weight, cushioning, and price.
Attachments
DSC01044.JPG
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
yorkshireman

advan RZ.. :mrgreen:

murcod

Nice.
David
~tc~

chazyouwin wrote:Here are 16" purchased mounted from Tire Rack - I posted these pics here a year or so ago. Going from 18" stock to 16" with snows made quite a noticeable difference in steering response. Sure, when you hit the pothole with the bigger sidewall of the tire on the 16" wheel you have a better cushion. But with the 18" you can steer around most of those potholes. You have great precision. It's a tradeoff on the steering response, to be balanced with looks, weight, cushioning, and price.
Your experiment is confounded by having two entirely different types of tires. In your experiment, there is no way to determine if the lack of response is due to the section thickness or the soft compound and siping.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic