Recalls recalls and more recalls

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

KuroNekko wrote:.... and the stereotype of Suzuki owners as financially sub-prime customers have damaged Suzuki's reputation in North America.

Kizashi BANZAI!
lol...yeah, they don't like it much when I pay cash for my new cars.

Excellent diatribe btw KuroNekkeo!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Stodge

Apostol wrote:The Kizashi has been one of my favorite cars that we have owned, hence the reason we all have one now lol. My kizzy is going on about 62k miles and my parents are not far behind me and so far we have not had any issues. Such a fun car, built well, is just amazing.
Does your Kizashi have many interior creaks/squeaks/rattles?
Northernstar

KIzashi is a good car overall, lots of features and luxary for the money. The only complain is the performance. Of course I can keep the rpm at around 4k but then the gas milage will plummet. And the other thing is that Kizashi is friggin HEAVY!! It's heavier than a lot of CUV/SUV lol.
Apostol

Stodge wrote:
Apostol wrote:The Kizashi has been one of my favorite cars that we have owned, hence the reason we all have one now lol. My kizzy is going on about 62k miles and my parents are not far behind me and so far we have not had any issues. Such a fun car, built well, is just amazing.

Nope, the only thing i had the make a noise that is out of the ordinary is my exhaust that hits my brace bar when i got over bumps. But that's because I don't have the stock exhaust, I have the RRM exhaust and then their brace bar and I can fix it but it doesn't bother me yet. :) My interior is still in amazing shape, I clean it weekly and want it to last for a long time to come.
suzboy

Stodge wrote:
Mine has a squeaky dashboard... I started a thread about it. No fixes for it as of now but dealer managed to quite down the squeak by up to 80%.

Recall is actually a good think if you look at it this way: The car manufacturer actually cares about its customer and derive fixes to reported problems.
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
Ronzuki

Generally, recalls are safety related and issued to cover their asses. If there's a recall it's actually not a good thing as it signifies an error they feel is dangerous and puts them at a higher liability risk if not addressed. To often a recall is confused w/ a problem in which a TSB is issued. Now, a recall for errors that cause the car to fail prematurely, not in any way related to 'safety', you'll generally not see. SX4's had a bunch of mis-labeled main crank bearings installed in 07 and/or 08. Not a safety issue, but one that'll kill the engine early. No recall. They'll fix it if you have a problem, prove you did the required maintenance and put up a stink.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
JKIZZI2011

I have 2011 SE Kizashi and it has 58k in 2 years. No issues. It's a great car. I had SX4 before it that had 70k in 2.5 years - never had any issues and traded it for kizashi. Suzuki SX4 and Kizashi's are best in their class.