New owner... a few issues

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
DWenz

Hi all. Chicago area new '13 SLS AWD owner here.
I do love my Zuk. AND... Got it for a genuine $7000 off sticker last month. Paid $22,900 with NO miles. No price games.

Have to say I really do love it. And that's comparing it to the newer SAABs and BMWs I have owned in the recent past. I think the US missed out on a great car. But like all have said, it's not without issues....

Already had the dealer check the alignment, which they gladly did. It was already off at 300 miles. Has since been remedied.

Here's my other two... so far...

#1 The A pillar material is bunched up a bit on the bottom where it meets the dash on both sides. Dealer says they can order new ones but will probably be the same. Anyone experience this?

#2 If I have the radio on with Ipod playing and I happen to turn off the HVAC control it will kill the power to the Ipod. It happens around 30% of the time. Sometimes the power returns, sometimes not. Anyone else? Dealer says they could pull the control panel off and see if there's a loose connection. I declined for now as I'm not looking to create rattles due to an exploratory mission. Design flaw? or loose connection?

Thanks in advance...
Dave
Attachments
IMG_3512.PNG
IMG_3512.PNG (81.06 KiB) Viewed 4973 times
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3504.JPG (512.11 KiB) Viewed 4975 times
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG (329.44 KiB) Viewed 4975 times
2013 SLS AWD
KIZFAN2

A pillar bunching is normal. The HVAC and iPod interference is not. I would have them check for loose connections or possibility replace the console.
2011 Kizashi SX
Ronzuki

Howdy.

My A-pillar fabric looks like that, maybe even a bit more wrinkled. I wouldn't bother w/ having them tear apart whatever they need to in order remedy it. I agree it'll probably end up looking the same, at best. They likely may damage something else in the process. If it ain't broke....

Can't speak about the other problem as I don't own an ipod and the electronics in the 2010 are different.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
ah_Perth

My drivers side A pillar at some stage appeared to be "not clicked in properly". It was fixed at a service.

My battery went after exactly three years though (Non Suzuki battery)
Juan

My a pilar looks the same, it fine with me, does not bother me at all... The iPod thing should be checked out.
kizashijayy

Does the Kizashi have a problem with its wheel alignment? I have not heard anything about it before and now I just read about it in 2 different forums. Does anybody have more information?
Pyramid1

kizashijayy wrote:Does the Kizashi have a problem with its wheel alignment? I have not heard anything about it before and now I just read about it in 2 different forums. Does anybody have more information?
The Kizashi has a multi-link rear suspension which is more prone to get slightly out of whack than simpler types and requires more frequent alignment checks. Of course this goes for any car with a similar setup..
WESHOOT2

As my dealer tech said: "They need another aligment right after they get an alignment."

I just ruin tires.....