Does anyone has issue with anti rattling pins on their Kizy?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

Just wondering if anyone on here has any issues with the anti rattling pins on their car. I bought my car back in Jan of 2011 and replaced my first set of pins in Oct of 2011 because there were some clicking sound when backing up and step on the break. The dealer replaced the pins under warranty and the clicking noise was solved.

Now the clicking noise is back again and dealer is going to charge me $200 for parts and labour because they said the pins are not covered under warranty after 20000 km. I have driven several vehicles and none of them requires replacing the pins this often. Do you guys have any input/insight on this?? Any advise is really appreciated!!
Ronzuki

pins? what pins? we don't need no stee-kin' pins!

Seriously though....what are these 'pins' you speak of, some component in the brake system presumably?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
LPSISRL

I've heard and replaced anti-rattle clips but never pins. The only pins I know of are the slide-pins on the calipers. They might only make a noise if they were worn but I can't imaging them clicking. Was it a constant clicking or one click when you applied the brakes and another when you let them off?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Northernstar

Ronzuki wrote:pins? what pins? we don't need no stee-kin' pins!

Seriously though....what are these 'pins' you speak of, some component in the brake system presumably?
It's anti rattling clips sorry lol. And yeah, it's a component in the brake system i think.
Northernstar

LPSISRL wrote:I've heard and replaced anti-rattle clips but never pins. The only pins I know of are the slide-pins on the calipers. They might only make a noise if they were worn but I can't imaging them clicking. Was it a constant clicking or one click when you applied the brakes and another when you let them off?
Yeah it's clips not pins my bad. It's just one or two click when you step on the brake while backing up. No clicks when letting go of the brake.
LPSISRL

I've heard that Permatex brake pad spray works well. You may want to try that first.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

Northernstar wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:pins? what pins? we don't need no stee-kin' pins!

It's anti rattling clips sorry lol. And yeah, it's a component in the brake system i think.
:lol: just messin'... I figured that's what you were referring to. Anyway, do you still have the original pads on the car? Any kind of rattling doesn't sound normal to me, and it may not even be a brake component. I've had sway bar links go bad in the past causing a rattle that could be mistaken as originating from the wheel/brake area. They're difficult to check with the car's weight on the suspension and have looked visibly fine, but were the culprit.

Brake pads can rattle around in the caliper if the tolerances are off and everything is 'dry'. but I've only ever experienced that w/ cheap replacement pads. I usually put a light coat of brake grease in the appropriate locations to help out with noises when I do a brake job, but if they're the original pads, I'm at a loss for I haven't experienced any pad rattling or noises of any kind coming from the brakes. I also haven't had them apart yet either, so I can't comment on what the configuration even looks like.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Northernstar

It's not rattle, more like a click or two. Dealership told me I dont have to replace the anti rattling clips as they do not have any safety issues.