Squeaky/rattling dashboard anyone?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
suzboy

Sorry to bump this thread again.

I noticed that when the tyre pressure is lower (around 36 psi) the rattling seems to be not as noticeable.

When I pump the tyres to 38 psi (as recommended by Suzuki, see specs on door frame) the rattle seems to be more of an issue.

Now I am very reluctant to have the car running on tyres with the correct tyre pressure!
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
hartswood

Dashboard developed a rattle last week. After much searching discovered the cause, glasses moving about in the the sunglass holder next to the rear view mirror.
murcod

suzboy wrote:Sorry to bump this thread again.

I noticed that when the tyre pressure is lower (around 36 psi) the rattling seems to be not as noticeable.

When I pump the tyres to 38 psi (as recommended by Suzuki, see specs on door frame) the rattle seems to be more of an issue.

Now I am very reluctant to have the car running on tyres with the correct tyre pressure!
I notice you've got the Prestige too - so 18" wheels. I suspect if you had 17" rims you might not even have the rattle. (We went from 15" to 17" rims on a previous vehicle and it brought out all the rattles we hadn't previously noticed!)
David
mgp123

Sorry if this is a little off topic. Let's just consider it as a rattle topic =p I just noticed a rattle on songs with alot of bass. I can't imagine I have already blown a speaker. The volumn never gets over 25. And so far I haven,t been able to push on the rear passenger door plastic while driving to search for panel rattles. Has anyone else heard rattling from passenger side midway back somewhere? It may be a speaker but I think I've heard it with no radio on when the CVT goes to 6th gear going 20mph.
~tc~

One of my rear speakers was blown when I picked up the car and the drivers front is on its way out... It's definitely possible you blew a speaker
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Speed_Racer

If you move the audio to the opposite side (fade/balance), does the rattle continue? You can also narrow down which speaker is causing problems by playing music through one speaker at a time (Right front, right rear, etc)
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
MrNWA

has anyone successfully fixed their rattle my 2012 SLS just started and its getting annoying not sure if its cause were in winter here in Calgary Alberta Canada i really dont wanna take my dash out i thought it was the visor a few times but the outside plastic comment has me thinking below the wipers makes me wonder but i need to fix this my OCD is gonna make me go crazy with the rattle i never blast music that much so i can even hear it over the stereo most times other than that the sound is hard to pin point sometimes it sounds like dash/windshield, drivers visor, rearview mirror (area) PLEASE HELP
MrNWA

WE SHOULD ALL FILE A CLASS ACTION FOR A RECALL TO BE DONE AND FIXED BY SUZUKI
Woodie

Every car ever made has rattles, calm down.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

My car rattles in only two areas:

The window visor inserts (which I think MrNWA narrowed down to in another thread). The Kizashi features extensions that slide out to better protect against the sun when using it on the side windows. However, these inserts can rattle if they aren't properly inserted or the inner padding is loose. It sounds like the windshield or front side windows are rattling, but check these inserts first.

The other area is the moonroof's wind buffer. It's the metal part that is spring-loaded and pops out at the front of the moonroof when it's opened. It buzzes quite a bit at times. The solutions is usually just to pull it down and reseat it. You can even do it with the moonroof glass closed. I think adding some foam tape to its seating area should resolve the rattling but I haven't got around to it yet.

My car is otherwise rattle-free unless the bass gets turned way up with the RF system.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)