New Rattle--Please call American Suzuki to report!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
stapletondoc

You make an excellent point. Unfortunately, I have removed any and all things from the glovebox, the consoles, the sunglass holder above, and have tightened the spare tire in the trunk....and yet the car still rattles going over bumps at 35mph.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
stapletondoc

Latest update....I took the car into the dealership for them to look at it....the dealership could not discover what was causing the rattle...so they called American Suzuki. American Suzuki is supposed to be sending out an engineer to drive the car to see why it's rattling. My dealership in Colorado and American Suzuki both suggested that anyone having a similar rattle call American Suzuki @ 1-800-934-0934 to report it. Hopefully, if more folks report it, the easier it may be to figure out what is wrong with the car.
Denver, CO
stapletondoc

The dealership technician and the Suzuki engineer think the rattle is coming from the control arm of the front passenger wheel. They are going to replace it. I should get the car back in a couple of days. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
Denver, CO
stapletondoc

Unfortunately, replacing the control arm did not fix the rattle problem.
Denver, CO
VicLikesCars2

I bought the base "S" model on Oct. 6th, 2010. Overall, I love the car, but... I have this same rattle. 35 mph or less. Sounds like something is loose in the R/F door. At higher speeds there isn't any noise.

I read the post above saying report this to American Suzuki! I tried to do just that. The person at Cust. Ser more or less yawned and told me to take it to the dealer. I asked her if she was aware that many people were reporting the same problem? "Take it to the dealer." Would she atleast take down my serial number and log the complaint. No... Again, "take it to the dealer". And that was it. So, I now have an appointment for Tuesday the 16th that I made at the selling dealer, who btw doesn't know of the problem and has not had any reports of it.
I will post the fix if there is one.

2010 Kizashi S, 6 MT 2,150 Miles, avg mpg (mixed) 29.993
mapeterson2

UPDATE:

I have a fix!!!! Turn up your music! lol jk...

I hope they find the problem.
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
stapletondoc

I'm very sorry to hear that customer service rep was so dismissive of your complaint. The Suzuki rep I've been working with is taking my complaint a little bit more seriously (which honestly shocks me).

My Kizashi has been into the dealership twice already to address this issue. During the second visit, the Suzuki engineer actually put multiple microphones all over the car looking for the source of the loud rattle. He thought it was coming from the control arm of the front right (passenger) wheel. However, replacing the control arm did not fix the problem.

My car is scheduled to go back in next tuesday for round three. The American Suzuki regional representative/engineer is bringing the big boss/supervisor into town to look at the car. Hopefully, they can figure something out.

FYI, I have turned the music up....and the rattle can still be heard if the radio volume is set @ 15 or louder. This is not a minor, plastic squeak. To me, it sounds like a loose metal part rattling or hitting something.
Denver, CO
jimmerz

I have also noticed a rattle, however I do have a few items in my passenger door console. I will remove all items and see if I still have this noise?

I just assumed it was the items in there, we will see....
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
VicLikesCars2

No luck on a fix for the clunk. I went in to the Service Dept. and a tech drove the car, but couldn't find anything. I then drove with him around the dealership area, but couldn't find any RR tracks, or other rough pavement. I got one (1) clunk to happen, but that wasn't enough to do any good. The tech said he would make a report to Suzuki, and maybe a fix will be found. So, as of now, I will just live with it. On the trip home, I heard it 6 or 8 times. For the record: ONE of the petals is now officially off the Rose!

One thing did occur to me: are you others who hear the "clunk" alone when you hear it? Is it possible that the extra weight of the tech as a passenger had some effect on the noise?

In every other respect, this car is fully satisfactory... I like the ride, the handling, fuel economy, the whole deal. If somebody can just figure out the noise, and eliminate it, this just could be my favorite all-time car. (The best one so far, not counting this Kizashi, was a '97 Honda Accord EX with a 5 spd. Second was the '03 Hyundai XG 350 L.)
JDReichert

I encounted a very simular rattle that appeared to be coming from inside the dash on the passenger side. My tech. opened up the dash and found the radio bumping a brace. He padded both and the sound went away. You might have them check this item.

Jerry - 2020 SLS (no rattle) 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL (rattles) 1983 BMW 633CSi (no rattles) :D :D