114 days; Part II

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Marcov71

My rear shocks arrived Friday. My bump stoppers shipped today. Waiting on new wheels and tires to ship out any day now!
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
WESHOOT2

And 8/16/16 67,511 miles I had my oil changed.
Just keeps rollin'.........

The new brakes have big bite.
The not-right rear shocks seem a bit softer on rebound dampening than the OEM GTS version, but they have restored some feeling of rear end control.

Last tank Gulf premium 29.1 MPG.

KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote: The not-right rear shocks seem a bit softer on rebound dampening than the OEM GTS version, but they have restored some feeling of rear end control.
Good to note. Keep us posted on your observations with the KYB shocks but it seems that they are an acceptable replacement for the OE Sport shocks, even if not technically the same in specs.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

Heavy hot crazy driving suggests that these KYB "universal" shocks have less compression and rebound dampening than the OEM GTS shocks.
I seem to get more motion from the rear end entering corners and steering while heavy on the brakes, in-corner whether static throttle or on it, and exiting; exiting corners under power reveals the softer nature noticeably.
Still not bad, and perhaps a wee bit better suited on the poor paved roads with their heaving surfaces, and non-paved roads with their ever-changing "dirt".

When I write "motion", I mean both up/down AND laterally. 'Wiggling' is the word that hit me when it first happened big-time. The frequency of the undulations is moderate; it's neither pogo-ing nor slow-rollering.

Further experimenting to occur..... :drive:

I gave the new brakes a bit of a massively dangerous down-the-mountain-at-ludicrous-speeds testing last night and they passed. Fade resistance has increased, and their initial bite feels a bit better than the superb stock set (which I found offered superb bite but could be driven into heavy fade).

WESHOOT2

8/23/16 68,762 miles had my driver side low-beam bulb replaced.
I haven't turned it on yet.....
$59.51 at the dealership!

Last tank Mobil regular 26.5 MPG.

WESHOOT2

Shocks still shocking. 'Compliant' is a safe way to describe them.

Remav

WESHOOT2 wrote:I get servicing from the Suzuki dealer only. I do tires and brakes at my dealership.

Been away for a ??? few??? sigh... Yes "few" months. Having fun catching up & am right here... for no particular reason other than this is where I believe you passed my mileage. (so soon???) TPMS came on today w/ no actual low pressures when I measured. Will have to deal with later... now reading on & as always thanks Weshoot2 for bringing us along!
Image2011 Sport SLS Navi AWD, White Water Pearl ...in Beautiful Colorado
WESHOOT2

If I need new shocks again I'll pay more for the proper 'GTS' version.
I can learn.....

Last tank Citgo mid-grade 27.3 MPG.

Ronzuki

WESHOOT2 wrote:If I need new shocks again I'll pay more for the proper 'GTS' version.
I can learn.....
;)
Do tell...blown? Near death experience? WESHOOT2 tested....abused, not approved. :lol:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

No, it's just the slight loss of firm control at the back end. I prefer the OEM feel.
And we'll be testing these KYBs to see how long they last when tested by a bad-attitude driver :mrgreen:

Last tank Shell premium 27.9 MPG.