rpm drop too low after replacing a new battery, pls help!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
dslatsh

KuroNekko wrote:When you disconnect the battery, the PCM is reset. Basically, the car needs to "relearn" its fuel trims. I think your low idle is part of this process. It should improve shortly. If not, you may need to see a service dealer about an update, if applicable, especially since you have a CVT.
I noticed in a couple threads you've mentioned an update for the CVT, has anyone had their CVT get an update or know if there is one? I have a 2011 kizashi...I asked the dealer that services Kizashis still near me and they said they never heard of an update for the software.
KuroNekko

dslatsh wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:When you disconnect the battery, the PCM is reset. Basically, the car needs to "relearn" its fuel trims. I think your low idle is part of this process. It should improve shortly. If not, you may need to see a service dealer about an update, if applicable, especially since you have a CVT.
I noticed in a couple threads you've mentioned an update for the CVT, has anyone had their CVT get an update or know if there is one? I have a 2011 kizashi...I asked the dealer that services Kizashis still near me and they said they never heard of an update for the software.
I can't speak from personal experience as I have a manual transmission and not a CVT, but my info is from other members and knowledge of other vehicles. The CVT can be programmed with firmware/software from the dealership that can change the characteristics of the powertrain. Modern engines and transmissions are electronically controlled with micro-computers hence there are firmware/software that controls how the components work. While I can't specifically speak for the Kizashi's CVT, a lot of issues with other transmissions have been remedied or addressed from firmware/software updates for the PCM. However, I doubt there is much support for Suzuki CVTs for a number of reasons. The obvious one is that Suzuki is no longer in business but the other is that the CVT wasn't known to have significant problems or complaints that Suzuki had to address with PCM updates.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

KuroNekko wrote: While I can't specifically speak for the Kizashi's CVT, a lot of issues with other transmissions have been remedied or addressed from firmware/software updates for the PCM.
Don't forget to mention that firmware/software updates (re-flashes) can, and have, made things worse and/or injected other issues.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
LPSISRL

Did you clean the throttle body? That fixed mine.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)