Annoying lock thing

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TheHolyGhost

Has anyone noticed how if you use the keyless entry to lock the doors with a door open then shut the door they won't lock? I've never had another car that didn't lock the doors when they shut afterwards. I find this annoying.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Ronzuki

I've programed myself over the years to hit the lock button on the door as I throw my leg out to get out of the car. Same deal, it won't lock if the fob is in my right pocket and I'm not all the way out of the car. I guess it thinks the fob's still in the car and won't allow it to lock.

annoying, but I'll get over....damn car is fun as hell to drive!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
babacu

On the other hand I LOVE it when it refuses to close the trunk lid if the fob is inside the trunk.

I keep my keys in my backpack while at work and a few times I forgot to take them out before throwing the backpack in the trunk and closing the lid. I tried to slam it shut a couple of times before I realized what was happening.

Since it's so convenient to forget where the fob is (pocket, purse, bag), I'm glad they took the extra step to ensure one can't easily lock it in the car/trunk.
TheHolyGhost

That has saved me a few times. It's one thing when it can tell that the fob is inside the car. It's different when I'm 10 feet from the car and use the remote but my passenger is still getting out of the car so it won't lock. That's what I find annoying. Still love the car of course!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
JDReichert

Well, when you old, 76, it's not hard to lock your keys in the car, however Suzuki solved that problem for us elderly! LOL

Jerry SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633Csi
lookin

yes i think its a great feature....i got used to it
TheHolyGhost

But, if I'm pushing the button on the remote, it's physically impossible for me to lock the fob in the car unless I am in there with it.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
babacu

But, if I'm pushing the button on the remote, it's physically impossible for me to lock the fob in the car unless I am in there with it.
Well, theoretically you could lock the doors (while they're still open), remember about something you forgot in the car, get in there, drop the fob, get out and slam the door. Not saying that's likely to happen, but one could think of ways how the fob could end up locked inside.

Personally, I've gotten used to not using the remote at all, I prefer the lock/unlock button on the door handle. My wife's Outlander has a similar feature and the fob can stay safe and lost in her purse, for all she cares. :-)
Puppy80

I finally figured out how to lock the car up while the engine is running. Great for those chilly mornings and making sure someone doesn't drive off with the car. :o

1. Unlock the car
2. Start car
3. Take key out of fob
4. Lock Door with Key
EnfinityX

Puppy80 wrote:I finally figured out how to lock the car up while the engine is running. Great for those chilly mornings and making sure someone doesn't drive off with the car. :o

1. Unlock the car
2. Start car
3. Take key out of fob
4. Lock Door with Key
sounds like you need remote start brother.