What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SAEED_KIZZY

Woodie wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 pm Wow, that's 500 miles. Around 35 miles per gallon US. That's a really big number, especially for a CVT.
not just one in three fuel tanks refill the same result, considering the crap fuel that we have here in my country, it's fantastic.
Obama_is_hot6

Tore apart my old kisazhi in order to swap some parts out with my new one, also to sell a few things like head unit ect.
Attachments
8742e4b0-b9f3-44b7-b4cc-fccfbe6f1149.jpg
IMG_20240505_183734.jpg
YUUUURT
Obama_is_hot6

Saw another suzuki in duluth
Attachments
20240519_195030.jpg
YUUUURT
AltoSX4Kizashi

Hi guys. Would like to introduce myself! I am a recent graduate in texas and I own a 2010 Kizashi SLS FWD.
I hail from India, the country Suzuki would never leave in its wildest dreams. I grew up with the suzuki 800, alto, and the sx4 and I always wanted a kizashi. but after a year of living in Texas without a car, I set out my search for my favourite brand, I found myself a seeing a Kizashi on FB marketplace and couldn’t resist going to see it. I bought it in august 2023 with 123k on the odo and since got regular maintenance done but have a hard time finding guys who understand the car. I am pretty shy and read alot of stuff on here but didn't join the forum up-till now.
The car buying experience was bittersweet, I got a great deal but the car was an auction car with only one key, looked like it had been in the sun for very long with paint chips here and there and the bumpers painted and not assembled correctly with missing wheel well protection and scraping underbody protection. The car was a clean title and all vins matched on the panels.
I was delighted to see it and have it and didn’t think much before making my mind. A few weeks down the road my ac stopped working and turned out i had a leak somewhere in the car which couldn’t be traced using the dye visually. I let it be then as i was a student and winters were coming so i thought I’ll get it done the following summer. Fast forward to this summer, the compressor didn't kick in when i tried to put freon in (mb not getting it fixed then)
I trusted the car so much and within a month of buying it, and took it to Chicago IL from denton Tx and back, it drove non stop for 15 hours and a 1000 miles each way with breaks only for fuel. This car is a dream to drive and as mentioned by others, feels like the perfect glove.
The car currently stands at 135,500 miles!
I just graduated university and would be travelling north to Erie Pennsylvania (1300mile trip) where i got family. I see a lot of kizashi and Suzuki's there and fills my heart with warmth in the cold.
I am at a crossroad rn as reading the new posts now, i aint as confident as i was earlier while making the Chicago trip in the car. I dont want it to break down during the journey. It runs smooth and perfect but reading through the posts, I see alot of kizashis breaking down around the mileage mine is at.
I saw Mr OldTech lives near Erie, which feels like a blessing.
I seek yalls guidance as im confused whether to sell the car here in texas. Or drive it upto Erie PA. I would be coming back after 3 months to Texas in which case i could also consider leaving the car, but in that case i feel more problems might accrue leaving a car for months hence the thought of selling it and finding a better one in manual later.
I would like to thank everyone who replies to me in advance, its an honour being a part of such a loving and supportive community joined by their love for this car.
AltoSX4Kizashi

AltoSX4Kizashi wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:50 am Hi guys. Would like to introduce myself! I am a recent graduate in texas and I own a 2010 Kizashi SLS FWD.
I hail from India, the country Suzuki would never leave in its wildest dreams. I grew up with the suzuki 800, alto, and the sx4 and I always wanted a kizashi. but after a year of living in Texas without a car, I set out my search for my favourite brand, I found myself a seeing a Kizashi on FB marketplace and couldn’t resist going to see it. I bought it in august 2023 with 123k on the odo and since got regular maintenance done but have a hard time finding guys who understand the car. I am pretty shy and read alot of stuff on here but didn't join the forum up-till now.
The car buying experience was bittersweet, I got a great deal but the car was an auction car with only one key, looked like it had been in the sun for very long with paint chips here and there and the bumpers painted and not assembled correctly with missing wheel well protection and scraping underbody protection. The car was a clean title and all vins matched on the panels.
I was delighted to see it and have it and didn’t think much before making my mind. A few weeks down the road my ac stopped working and turned out i had a leak somewhere in the car which couldn’t be traced using the dye visually. I let it be then as i was a student and winters were coming so i thought I’ll get it done the following summer. Fast forward to this summer, the compressor didn't kick in when i tried to put freon in (mb not getting it fixed then)
I trusted the car so much and within a month of buying it, and took it to Chicago IL from denton Tx and back, it drove non stop for 15 hours and a 1000 miles each way with breaks only for fuel. This car is a dream to drive and as mentioned by others, feels like the perfect glove.
The car currently stands at 135,500 miles!
I just graduated university and would be travelling north to Erie Pennsylvania (1300mile trip) where i got family. I see a lot of kizashi and Suzuki's there and fills my heart with warmth in the cold.
I am at a crossroad rn as reading the new posts now, i aint as confident as i was earlier while making the Chicago trip in the car. I dont want it to break down during the journey. It runs smooth and perfect but reading through the posts, I see alot of kizashis breaking down around the mileage mine is at.
I saw Mr OldTech lives near Erie, which feels like a blessing.
I seek yalls guidance as im confused whether to sell the car here in texas. Or drive it upto Erie PA. I would be coming back after 3 months to Texas in which case i could also consider leaving the car, but in that case i feel more problems might accrue leaving a car for months hence the thought of selling it and finding a better one in manual later.
I would like to thank everyone who replies to me in advance, its an honour being a part of such a loving and supportive community joined by their love for this car.
Attachments
IMG_4590.jpeg
IMG_4796.png
IMG_4799.png
IMG_4798.png
old tech

You are correct about the miles as far as when they like to break on the transmission. There are exceptions to the rule though. I have seen a few of them make it to 200,000 before breaking. Since yours is still together, I can do a short cut on it that would save you, a good bit of money compared to if you wait till it breaks. What I would be doing is upgrading it to the long pin design with new fluid and that would cost $1000. If the pulley is already beat up, then it would be an additional $300, so basically in the worst case scenario with your car still in working condition it would cost $1300. If you wait till it breaks then it’s $1900. Yes I’m only 40 minutes away from Erie PA and I can second the notion that there are a lot of Kizashi’s and Sx4’s here . I’ve counted as many as 7 Kizashi’s in the church parking lot on a Sunday morning . I think you should drive it out here and come visit me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk