Noises

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
PlatinumGTS

Anybody experience a "buzzing" vibration somewhere in the vicinity of the overhead console when the cvt is causing the engine to lug at low rpms? This just started.

Also have another sort of vibration somewhere in the drivers door in the front corner of the glass?

These will drive me nuts until I find the source. :cry:
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
Northernstar

nope, right now the car's at 3800km and there's no vibe or buzzing whatsoever.
EnfinityX

same with me, tight as a drum. are you sure its not from sunglasses or something? i get that with my other car sometimes when i put in a small pair of sunglasses.
PlatinumGTS

No, took the sunglasses out to check. Figures, about three hours on crappy patched sections of road may have initiated this.

These sort of things drive me crazy. Last car was relatively tight after 8 years and I guess I got spoiled.
babacu

I've had days when I was hearing annoying buzzing caused by the engine lugging vibration (mostly on very cold days, before the engine warmed up, but not only). VERY annoying. Things I've noticed were prone to buzz:
- the lower console door (the one replaced under warranty for opening too easily)
- the armrest in the backseat (especially if the cupholders are open)
- any cups/bottles in the cup holders in the doors

Apart from the buzzing, the vibration itself would drive me nuts (I'm coming from a V6 engine, which, while far from perfect, was way smoother). So I started experimenting with different types of gas until I found one that the engine seems to like. The engine runs much smoother and the lugging vibration stopped being so annoying. Haven't been bugged by buzzing noises in quite a while now.

That's not to say you might not have a real problem, of course, but try to get the engine to run smoother and see if it helps.
PlatinumGTS

I'm hoping it will pass but not confident. Yes the vibration at low RPMs is very annoying, its no wonder things start to make noise.

I came from a V6 also. What gas did you find works best?
babacu

PlatinumGTS wrote:I'm hoping it will pass but not confident. Yes the vibration at low RPMs is very annoying, its no wonder things start to make noise.

I settled for the super clean version (91) from Petro-Canada. Not sure what the equivalent would be south of the border, but up here it is marketed as having tactrol additive (supposed to clean the engine a bit, too). Not sure about the cleaning part, but I do find the engine running noticeably smoother than with other types of gas (premium or not).

I even tried the ultra 94 for a few tanks (petro canada sells it since they got sunoco a while back), but the roughness returned big time.

So it's not the grade alone, but, as others have noticed, the composition of the gas that seems to make a big difference.

My advice is to try a few premium types and see how you like them. For me, the price difference is worth it, since it allows me to enjoy the car and not get annoyed every time I drive (or idle, for that matter, since the vibration is quite noticeable then, too :-)
Minority

babacu wrote:
PlatinumGTS wrote:I'm hoping it will pass but not confident. Yes the vibration at low RPMs is very annoying, its no wonder things start to make noise.

I settled for the super clean version (91) from Petro-Canada. Not sure what the equivalent would be south of the border, but up here it is marketed as having tactrol additive (supposed to clean the engine a bit, too). Not sure about the cleaning part, but I do find the engine running noticeably smoother than with other types of gas (premium or not).

I even tried the ultra 94 for a few tanks (petro canada sells it since they got sunoco a while back), but the roughness returned big time.

So it's not the grade alone, but, as others have noticed, the composition of the gas that seems to make a big difference.

My advice is to try a few premium types and see how you like them. For me, the price difference is worth it, since it allows me to enjoy the car and not get annoyed every time I drive (or idle, for that matter, since the vibration is quite noticeable then, too :-)
Like you I tried the premium route and found no difference, but maybe I'll have to try a few different brands and be a bit more analytical about the results. Anything to try and reduce the vibration!
ipaqxman

Ive been experiencing this vibration n buzzing problem at low rpm for a few months. 3500k. Anybody found a solution?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
kizashi_VA

It seems most people who have noise problems are from 10 and 11 models. My 2012 doesn't have the noise you mention. You could try to go to dealership and test drive another CVT Kizashi and see if you hear the same noise.