What is the ONE thing that bugs you about your Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
jimmerz

Hawkzilla wrote:
jimmerz wrote:
Hawkzilla wrote:I was unaware that the gov required TPMS on all cars... but that doesn't surprise me. Bush probably has stock in a sensor making company. :lol:

And I should have added that other than that occasional annoyance, I love my Kiz. Solid car so far.
I will assume you are a democrat...(always blaming Bush, lol)

In the United States, the Firestone recall in the late 1990s (which was linked to more than 100 deaths from rollovers following tire tread-separation), pushed the Clinton administration to legislate the TREAD Act. The Act mandated the use of a suitable TPMS technology in all light motor vehicles (under 10,000 pounds), to help alert drivers to severe under-inflation events. This act affects all light motor vehicles sold after September 1, 2007. Phase-in started in October 2005 at 20%, and reached 100% for models produced after September 2007. In the U.S., as of 2008 and the EU, as of 2012, all new models of passenger cars must be equipped with a TPMS.

I'll assume you are a Republican... always defending Bush and no sense of humor. ;)

I was joking, so lighten up Francis. I am not a Democrat or Republican, as any intelligent person can figure out, having only 2 parties is a big reason why nothing can get done in this country anymore. I vote for the lesser of two evils and call it good. But this is a car forum and it was probably wasn't a good idea making a political joke, so my bad.
I am registered republican but more of a conservative than some (Bush included). I was NOT defending Bush just pointing out that all of the world's woes were not his fault. I actually have a great sense of humor, and it is ok to mix some politics with cars, which is exactly what you and I did. You made a comment about the RIDICULOUS TPMS but blamed the wrong figure head and I corrected it. No hard feelings...Oh and My name isn't Francis :P
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
OzzieKizzy

Triggerhappy wrote:
OzzieKizzy wrote:The only thing that annoys me is having to hit the start button again, after shutting the engine off, to activate the ACC for the radio etc.

I pick my fiance up from work quite a bit and it annoys me every time I have to shut the engine down, then hit the start button again so I can keep listening to the radio etc :evil:

Unless anyone knows how to get around this??????
If you have the CVT, instead of putting the gear in P, put it in N (don't forget to set the parking brake) and push the start/stop button. This will turn the engine off, but leave the accessories on.

Thanks Triggerhappy, I have the manual but I'll try a couple of little things to see if I can get it to work in a similar way!
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
Northernstar

I hate it that the RF stereo doesn't have aux in.....personally i dont like using USB cus the screen can't display foreign language song titles. I dont like using bluetooth cus the sound quality is awful.

oh and CVT is another thing i hate XDD
OzzieKizzy

OzzieKizzy wrote:
Triggerhappy wrote:
OzzieKizzy wrote:The only thing that annoys me is having to hit the start button again, after shutting the engine off, to activate the ACC for the radio etc.

I pick my fiance up from work quite a bit and it annoys me every time I have to shut the engine down, then hit the start button again so I can keep listening to the radio etc :evil:

If you have the CVT, instead of putting the gear in P, put it in N (don't forget to set the parking brake) and push the start/stop button. This will turn the engine off, but leave the accessories on.

Well I tried having the gearbox in neutral, didnt work. I tried in neutral, clutch depressed, didnt work. I tried foot on brake, clutch depressed, gear in neutral, didnt work. I tried foot on brake, gear in neutral, didnt work.

Any ideas?

Thanks Triggerhappy, I have the manual but I'll try a couple of little things to see if I can get it to work in a similar way!
    2011 XLS
    Tinted
    De-Badged
    Kenwood Satnav
    newworld2004

OzzieKizzy wrote:

The only thing that annoys me is having to hit the start button again, after shutting the engine off, to activate the ACC for the radio etc.

I pick my fiance up from work quite a bit and it annoys me every time I have to shut the engine down, then hit the start button again so I can keep listening to the radio etc

in order to activated ACC, while in P , hit stop/start button, don't push on brake. that is it.

thx
    2010 Dark Blue SLS FWD CVT
    1998 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package
    1994 Soft-Top Samurai Sold
    1993 Isuzu Trooper 2DR Sold
    OzzieKizzy

newworld2004 wrote:OzzieKizzy wrote:

The only thing that annoys me is having to hit the start button again, after shutting the engine off, to activate the ACC for the radio etc.

I pick my fiance up from work quite a bit and it annoys me every time I have to shut the engine down, then hit the start button again so I can keep listening to the radio etc

in order to activated ACC, while in P , hit stop/start button, don't push on brake. that is it.

thx
    Hi Newworld - thanks for the advice, but I have the manual transmission and I've tried different combos, but the engine just cuts out and it doesnt stop on ACC unfortunately. Does anyone know the sequence when it's a manual?
    2011 XLS
    Tinted
    De-Badged
    Kenwood Satnav
    AlexRuiz

OzzieKizzy wrote:

thx
    Hi Newworld - thanks for the advice, but I have the manual transmission and I've tried different combos, but the engine just cuts out and it doesnt stop on ACC unfortunately. Does anyone know the sequence when it's a manual?
    I could bet money that such combination doesn't exist in a MT car. I know that everytime I press the button, it just turns off. I'll try without pressing the clutch, being in neutral, and parking brake on.

Alex
    2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
    OzzieKizzy

AlexRuiz wrote:
    OzzieKizzy wrote:

thx
    I could bet money that such combination doesn't exist in a MT car. I know that everytime I press the button, it just turns off. I'll try without pressing the clutch, being in neutral, and parking brake on.

Alex
    Thanks Alex, I think you could be right tho. I have tried every combination I can think of. Oh well..... :roll:
    2011 XLS
    Tinted
    De-Badged
    Kenwood Satnav
    will2k

Overall i like my kizashi but if i had to complain there's a few small things.

Apart from what has already been said about auxillary jack.

Wouldn't hurt to have a digital speedo it has the little display already?
    MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
    naviguy

Corridor 35 wrote:That little Bermuda Triangle zone that exists between the front seats and the center console. When something falls down there . . . where it ends up is a mystery.
    HAHA, i FOUND my stuff the other day... you have to slide your seat all the way forward, and adjust it high up, then go from the Driver's Side Back Seat, and feel UNDER the seat TRACK... and you will find your missing french fries! haha....
    2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Red - CVT
    Rockford System with Kenwood Navi
    Rear 'Suzuki' and 'Kizashi' Badges Removed