new tires

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

so at 25,500 miles, the tires are all worn out. I'm thinking about Continental ExtremeContact DWS from Discount Tire, total package at one grand including "hazard" certificate.

What do you guys think about these tires? should I get their hazard certificate?

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTi ... =18&cs=235
Triggerhappy

Old thread, someone said to stay away from the DWS.

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=13&t=682
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
AlexRuiz

I will be going with the Cooper Zeon RS3-A when the Dunlop SP7000 are worn out. Will be getting also a dedicated set of winter tires, and my high performance tire.

If having 2 sets, you might wonder why I picked the Cooper Zeon RS3-A (all season) over the Zeon RS3-S (summer tire, also by Cooper) Well, the RS3-A seems to give up almost nothing to the RS3-S in the dry, it is better in the rain, had longer threadlife and it is cheaper. If this was a Corvette Z06 I might have picked the RS3-S, but in pretty much any other car, the RS3-A should behave the same in the dry while being better in the rain than the RS3-S.

Have fun picking tires! :)
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Senegal

so I actually got these tires, I just could not find a better alternative. I had Discount Tire sipe the tires as well, its my first time doing it, so we will see if anything goes wrong with the tires. I figured they are a huge retailer and would not do a service that could harm their reputation. They said it will not void conti warranty.

I also bought the road hazard warranty, as some people had a lot of trouble with these tires near the edge of them due to a softer sidewall, an area that is not repairable. I live in Michigan with the worst roads in US, and this particular store had replaced 140 tires so far this month alone. They had to replace one while I was there waiting.

Impressions so far (dry road):

-SOooo quiet, didn't realize how loud the stocks were
-superb cornering, significant improvement over the stocks
-No issues with balancing as some tire reviews had mentioned

I'll update once it snows (probably in a week, LOL)
~tc~

Discount road hazard is worth every penny.

Note that they will sell it for tires they didn't sell you (like your stock tires) - you just have to go in and have them inspected.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Firefly

Senegal wrote: Impressions so far (dry road):
-SOooo quiet, didn't realize how loud the stocks were
-superb cornering, significant improvement over the stocks
-No issues with balancing as some tire reviews had mentioned
I'll update once it snows (probably in a week, LOL)
Is there a difference in ride quality over bumps/rough spots? Smoother?

I'm assuming these are the 18" Dunlop tires you replaced?

I'm a fan of Conti - put them on my 335xi and had them on my Passat. Never let me down.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Senegal

yep, these were the 18" ones. Ride quality is significantly improved as well, you still obviously feel the bumps in the road but the impact is reduced drastically.

The price is comparable to the Dunlop tires, i'm surprised Suzuki didn't go with these.

Also, the tires have DWS on the thread itself for easy checking, so once "S" wears out, the tire would not do well in snow. Same thing for D and W.
~tc~

Senegal wrote:The price is comparable to the Dunlop tires, i'm surprised Suzuki didn't go with these.
For the same reason you won't see Hankook, Kumho, or Goodyear tires ... Dunlop is a Japanese company, and Continental is not.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
babacu

~tc~ wrote:
Senegal wrote:The price is comparable to the Dunlop tires, i'm surprised Suzuki didn't go with these.
For the same reason you won't see Hankook, Kumho, or Goodyear tires ... Dunlop is a Japanese company, and Continental is not.
Not sure about that. My wife's Mitsubishi Outlander came with Goodyear tires (and it was manufactured in Japan, just as the Kizashi).
AlexRuiz

The DWS might be better in the dry, corner and handle better; but they are NOT better all season tires than the SP7000. By several forums members here, they are significantly worse in the snow, and while they ride better in the dry, they give up too much snow traction. And isn't the idea of an A/S tire to be balanced?

Granted, the DWS are UHP A/S, while the SP7000 are HP A/S, and UHP A/S (ultra high performance all season) are closer to a summer tire in behavior. I had in my previous car a set of Kuhmo Ecsta ASX, UHP A/S tires, very well rated and nicely priced. The tires were fantastic in the dry, cornered and handled very well, steering feedback was superb; but they were mediocre in the rain and absolutely miserable in the snow. They were like like a 2.5 seasons tire.

Just a comment ;)
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT