Burning clutch smell/transmission whine/click

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
newworld2004

Ronzuki wrote:the awd clutch pack is located at the rear differential input shaft (back end of car). The xfer case and driveshaft spin constantly in all modes (awd active or not).

oh, and one other thing...have you changed your rear diff fluid yet? if not, it was due for an initial replacement at around 7,500 miles.
not sure about 7.500 miles rear diff fluid replace, I thought it is every 15K. check Manual page 7-10.
2010 Dark Blue SLS FWD CVT
1998 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package
1994 Soft-Top Samurai Sold
1993 Isuzu Trooper 2DR Sold
Ronzuki

My 2010 Kizashi, the 2008 SX4 we had and the 2011 SX4 we currently have all required the rear diff fluid to be changed at 7,500 miles per the maint. manuals that came w/ our N. American models. I do know the maint. intervals are different in other parts of the world (Canada) and they also vary for 'normal' or 'severe' duty. I usually follow closer to severe duty intervals. I'm looking at the Kiz's Owner's manual page 7-5 and there it states replacement at 7,500 miles. Either way, the OP is past due.

OP, not saying the smell is, or is not, related to anything in the diff or the AWD clutch pack. Just giving a little insight on the drivetrain layout and its operation. Also know that changing the rear diff fluid has nothing to do with the sealed, non-serviceable, awd clutch unit.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

Even I replaced the diff fluid at 7,500 (and about every 35K since).
kizashijayy

I had the transfer case replaced and the drive train fluids replaced and that did not solve the problem. Now the dealer is trying to tell me that the car is making those noises because it is being driven too aggressively. Any ideas? They say that there is a suzuki rep that comes around weekly or something and that I should talk to them... Not sure what to do at this point being that my dealer thinks its OK for my car to sound like a dying cat.
Ronzuki

Not that it should matter with the miles your car has, but when you say 'drivetrain fluids', did that include the CVT's fluid? It's pricey stuff. Just curious.

The problem here is that there's a serious lack of comparison vehicles readily available (drive yours noise, drive a second vehicle, no noise). I've used that tactic in the past w/ reps to kill the "it's OK, it's normal" response to my concerns.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

I hate to bump in older thread, but what ended up happening? Did your CVT fluid smell funny?