New Rattle--Please call American Suzuki to report!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

paininthenuts wrote:
Ronzuki wrote: My right front makes a 'grunt' every now and again when it's just me. With my brother sitting in the pass seat, never.
Can I suggest a visit to your doctor :D :D
Now that I read my own post...yeah, seems like I should really get that checked out! :lol:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
luki_mkk

Hello again. A longer time ago I noticed a strange noise comming out from the engine area. It was after a longer (10 - 15km) drive when the engine was warm already. I parked my car and when the engine is just running a hear strange lets say knocking sound in the backround when I am inside.

I can hear this sound also from outside. Service guys are saying everithing is ok and they do not hear nothing...but it appears only after a little bit longer ride. rpms are still, a have no problems with the acceleration or something else...just this stange noise.

I decided to make a video so you can maybe give me some advcce what can it be, if its normal or what. you can see it on this link

thank you very much for any comments.

Lukas
KuroNekko

luki_mkk wrote:Hello again. A longer time ago I noticed a strange noise comming out from the engine area. It was after a longer (10 - 15km) drive when the engine was warm already. I parked my car and when the engine is just running a hear strange lets say knocking sound in the backround when I am inside.

I can hear this sound also from outside. Service guys are saying everithing is ok and they do not hear nothing...but it appears only after a little bit longer ride. rpms are still, a have no problems with the acceleration or something else...just this stange noise.

I decided to make a video so you can maybe give me some advcce what can it be, if its normal or what. you can see it on this link

thank you very much for any comments.

Lukas
I embedded the video for you.

Which noise are you concerned about? I hear a rumbling noise and a ticking noise. The ticking noise is normal as it's the sound of the fuel injectors. The rumbling noise sounds unusual and my guess is that one of your pulleys driven by the serpentine belt has worn bearings. However, the nature of the rumbling noise is hard to tell from just a recording. The ticking noise is normal so don't be concerned. My Kizashi, as with my other cars, have made that noise.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

Did you know there is something called a sound camera that was specifically designed for pin pointing rattles in cars, albeit it is now used for other things. I just sore it on the telly and thought you may want to know