KBB depreciation value of the Kizashi...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
lookin

well anybody want a 2010 sls awd 9000 miles $ 20,000.... nav remote start ...silver,, holla
Moto
Site Admin

I can only find 4 kizashies listed in the entire US dealer network right now, and the prices are dropping sharply. I'm thinking about trying to find a cheap SLS or GTS to use as my oil field runner and let the girl friend drive the Forester to keep the mileage down. (I'm putting on around 700 miles a week right now)

I'll keep my eye out and offer cash in a few more months.
sx4rocious

^^ Ebay had a few great deals last week. I almost considered trading in the SX4...

To get back on topic, I checked the value of my SX4 at kbb.com last night (while entertaining the aforementioned idea) and it gave my car a value of slightly over $5500. Keep in mind it's a 2007 crossover with 69K miles, Nav and a 5MT. I then went promptly to ebay and found a nearly identicle car (minus the aftermarket Nav) with WELL OVER twice the mileage for $9000 and already had several bids. Our cars are getting harder to find and people are really starting to understand the bargain. I'm not saying they will ever be "collector car" valuable, but I'm not worried about getting my money's worth out of it.
KuroNekko

Moto wrote:I can only find 4 kizashies listed in the entire US dealer network right now, and the prices are dropping sharply. I'm thinking about trying to find a cheap SLS or GTS to use as my oil field runner and let the girl friend drive the Forester to keep the mileage down. (I'm putting on around 700 miles a week right now)

I'll keep my eye out and offer cash in a few more months.
As an oil field runner, I take it you want AWD assuming you are talking about dirt roads? I find that AWD Kizashis are easier to find than FWD manuals.
sx4rocious wrote: Our cars are getting harder to find and people are really starting to understand the bargain. I'm not saying they will ever be "collector car" valuable, but I'm not worried about getting my money's worth out of it.
I'd say Suzukis are among the worst cars to own a short time and then sell or trade later. Their resale value was always low and now, it could not be worse. The problem is that many Americans never thought highly of Suzuki cars and flocked to Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.
However, I'd say Suzukis are rather good cars to drive for the long haul. That way, you can care less about resale value meanwhile you have a reliable car with features you can enjoy. Parts can be a bit of an issue, but they are not impossible to find.
I personally think the Kizashi will be running much longer than many of the newer rivals with direct injection turbos. Many companies who went to these techs have little experience with these technologies and already have issues with them.
The Kizashi's powerplant is on more primitive engine technology, but is tried and proven. I'm not worried about the Kizashi, or any real Suzuki, holding up long down the road, especially if it has a manual transmission.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

KuroNekko wrote: The problem is that many Americans never thought highly of Suzuki cars and flocked to Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.
lol...if Americans actually "thought" (about anything), they'd have done the exact opposite and flocked towards Suzuki. Much lower cost than the 3 mentioned above, more features and very reliable. Not to mention the AWD models are fun as hell to drive in all weather conditions. (if americans "thought", the big O and his cronies wouldn't have been re-elected for 4 more years of embarrassment and destruction).

Moto, I just bought a Wrangler to keep the miles down on the Kizashi :mrgreen: (and to tow my 23 year old Samurai with).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote: Moto, I just bought a Wrangler to keep the miles down on the Kizashi :mrgreen: (and to tow my 23 year old Samurai with).
Pics please! Which trim did you get?
Ronzuki

Unlimited Sport with the Willys Pkg. No power anything. Plain-Jane6-speaker stereo (as plain as they come now days uconnect BT and satellite), keyed locks, crank windows, manual mirrors. Aside from the willys pkg, options are max tow (3,500 lbs), automatic (conventional) and a hardtop. The Willys pkg gave me all of the remaining mechanicals I wanted. The pkg adds the 32" M/Ts on those fluffy wheels, worthless decals, a performance suspension (same as Sahara), 3.73 D44 rear w/ traclok, grab handles for all 4 doors, slush matts and promo Warn recovery bag (mechanix style gloves, (2) D-rings and a really nice 30'x2-1/2" strap). All of which will end up in my Samurai. My existing strap is frayed and needs replaced anyway.

Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

That's badass.
However, I thought you had significant issues with your last Wrangler. What made you want to get one again? I assume this is with the new Pentastar V6 and not the same engine as the old Rubicon?
Knightstruth

Ronzuki wrote:
KuroNekko wrote: The problem is that many Americans never thought highly of Suzuki cars and flocked to Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.
lol...if Americans actually "thought" (about anything), they'd have done the exact opposite and flocked towards Suzuki. Much lower cost than the 3 mentioned above, more features and very reliable. Not to mention the AWD models are fun as hell to drive in all weather conditions. (if americans "thought", the big O and his cronies wouldn't have been re-elected for 4 more years of embarrassment and destruction).Moto, I just bought a Wrangler to keep the miles down on the Kizashi :mrgreen: (and to tow my 23 year old Samurai with).

I appreciate all you add to the forums but I think it would be wise to stay away from politics such as this in a car forum.

I think Kia hit a home run with their Optima, and likewise the Subaru Legacy. I think if Suzuki had a larger lineup it would have caught on more.
Woodie

They had a wider lineup from 2005 to 2008 when they were selling the Daewoo junkpiles. Remember the Reno, Forenza, and Verona? Neither does anyone else.

ImageImageImage

How about the USA built Equator?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency