New Rattle--Please call American Suzuki to report!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
stapletondoc

I apologize for having not posted anything, but I'm still waiting for a response from Suzuki. The car still rattles after the third trip to the dealership.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
alishajj

Dear all , the Suzuki dealer here in Beirut, they found the armed of the right wheel very weak and when you go up the pumpe it makes sound like it come from the glove box, so the change the outer tie rod right and Inner tie rod Back, and its working prefect now no more noisy sound from the right front side.
bsafatly

There is a noise coming from the Right hand steering rack silent bush which is very soft and creating excessive clearance between the rack housing and the steering rod. I have replaced the original bush with one made of teflon plastic, with tight clearance and had to install a bleeder nipple on the dust rubber boot, because the new bush wont let the rubber boot bleed out the trapped air inside and it creates noise when turning full left or right.Problem solved. There is still a plastic noise coming from the wheel house plastic shield and the RH bumper side. I tried to silent this area by adding some somehow hard sponge pieces to make the plastics more rigid and to reduce plastic rattling. Car is becoming step by step a dream car.Good luck.
VicLikesCars2

bsafatly: Thank you for this post. Good to read that your noise has been fixed. If I understand correctly, your problem is related to the steering gear-box and properly sized bushings... It is NOT bad tie-rod ends like alishajj has found.

I am a little bit confused on the point of you doing this work yourself and apparently paying for any materials you use. Are you a Suzuki technician, or maybe you have some factory training? Also, I'm very curious as to what happens next should Suzuki disapprove of your mods and deny warranty based upon use of unauthorized procedures or parts.

Good luck, and I'd like to read anything else you write about your car.

STAPLETONDOC: Thanks for your answer. I figured if anyone could whip this problem, you could. If you would, please say what it is you might hear from Suzuki. Did they confirm your problem as legitimate
with the intention to pursue it?? Will they notify the rest of us, or is each of us on his own to deal with the clunk?
bsafatly

Yes I am a private tecnician and I like my car but silent. So I made it silent no matter what the cost is. I dont care about warranty and not going to wait for any factory modifications.If some day the factory modification proves to be better than mine I will apply it. The more annoying noise after the steering fix was from the plastics ( wheel arch mud guard shield and right hand front bumper) that I fixed by inserting some rubber between the plastics.
You can inform your dealer and see what he might do about this idea.
Any new modifications I will perform in the future will be submitted in this forum.
Ciao.
Jean1943

I also am the owner of a 2010 Kizashi. I have it for 5 months and from the beginning have got a rattle in the back somewhere. Upon bringing it to the Suzuki dealer for a maintenance checkup, I told them about it and how loud and annoying it is.A mechanic took it out for a ride and said he heard nothing. Duh!!! Did he take it on a bumpy road? I have had 4 or 5 people in my car and everyone hears it as it;s loud going over all bumps. Someone else I know bought one just recently and she too had a rattle in the back. She was told the mechanic greased a dried out bushing. My brother who works on automobiles in Albany said that should be a suspension problem or something solid, as a bushing would be more of a squeak. Also I have an air leak in my driver side window. The mechanic said it was air coming over the mirror. Well I know that's not what it is either. I took the tire and tools out of the trunk and it still did it. I hate it. This was our very 1 st new car and I'm very disappointed. The paint job isn't too great eitherr. Paint is very thin. If anyone else is having this problem please let me know. thank you.
Pannasch

I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the upper left dash or in the dash while going over the expansion joints on a bridge it turned out to be the slide out part of the sun visor, I pulled it out slightly and the sound went away. Not the answer for some, but something to check.
alishajj

Hello every bady, after the Suzuki company fix the bad noise in my car, it came back as it was before, so I went back to Suzuki dealer in Beirut and I left my kizashi there since 3 days ago, and am waiting there call to know if really will find a solution for this noise other wise I will get rid of from it ! I hope they can fix it,
RjKizashi

I'll bet Suzuki is the only car company in the world to have ever built a car that rattles.
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

alishajj

I think after I tried kizashi am telling every body to not try to buy it because it is too bad for Suzuki company to have nice car like kizashi with this noisy sounds following you in the roads, for all am really regret for buying it and I hope if I can get my money back, I just drive it for 3000 km and am ready to sell it even if am going to lose part of my money, because who can believe that a new brand car 2011 model during the first 3000 km visited the Suzuki dealer service 7 times in 45 days, and you want me to keep this car if any body want to buy kizashi my advice him not and not and not think about, Suzuki kizashi car .......