Kizashi Paint Chip Problem !!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
gmkizashi

I edited out content. I feel enough has been said at this point.
Last edited by gmkizashi on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
CCS77

The money you would put into a lawyer would pay for a new paint job.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
CCS77

gmkizashi wrote:
chest3r wrote:Mine is in the middle of the process now, I went to the dealer first and they have taken snapshots which are being sent to the Suzuki reps. I am hoping to hear back in couple of days (business days).

The dealer tech suggested that getting the mudflaps may help to keep stuff from being kicked up by the front tires. *And also that if Suzuki repairs the paint that I should try to convince them to pay for my mudflaps since I'd otherwise be making repeat warranty claims....

I also wonder if getting those plastic door edge protectors might be just thick enough to deflect stuff away. I'd rather scuff up some 20 dollar plastic over repeat paint issues and possible rusting.
Please keep us updated.

I'm also following issues and posting mine on suzuki forums.com where someone from texas was told by the Suzuki rep that there is a "known" hardening agent issue on 2010 red and grey models. I also posted on what I think is USA Suzuki's Twitter page. With the individual in Texas, the Suzuki rep came out with a "special microscope" to verify that it was a paint issue, not a rock issue. They are painting his WHOLE CAR. In my case it was done via email and just my hood was authorized, they touched up other areas, but it is not the same as painting. I think I will call Suzuki and ask that someone physically look at the car. It seems like they have been standing behind these claims so far, but it sure is a pain in the butt going through this.

We need the vin# to this car that got the total repaint so we can easilly have Suzuki look up the case number and be treated int he same manner.
chest3r

Got an initial approval from the local Suzuki rep. Just need to get an estimate to them from an autobody shop for final approval. The dealer said to throw in some 3m protective film to go over the area for prevention in the estimate. *The dealer did offer to take the car to the shop for the estimate but I decided to go ahead and bring it there myself to work around my work schedule.

I'll post any more info I get.
CCS77

WOW is this aproval to paint the entire car?
chest3r

No, just the door sills unfortunately. I already have a road-debris related chip on the hood that they won't cover. The dealer is getting the rep to sign off on the door sills since they felt the paint there shouldn't have chipped as bad as it has just from road debris.
Ronzuki

This is reminding me of all the eco-friendly questions on the new car survey....Suzuki's paint process involves water based (green) paints . Obviously not of the durability that good ole fashion environmentally unfriendly enamels are. Again, enamel paint on autos has evolved to what it was over many, many years, and in the name of green, manufacturers took something that wasn't broken and "fixed" it. My wifes pearl black '08 SX4 is missing more paint than it has on it anymore. So how, exaclty, is sanding (green dust??) painting and repainting vehicles eco friendly?

I'd say we're just going to have to live with the 'green' paint chipping until some years from now when, maybe, the 'green' paint devolopment process evolves to the durability of the unfriendly long-lasting enamels. As long as the metal isn't rusting (and the anti-corrosion coating is not chipped), get a touch-up paint pen and have at it. Oh and when you get the survey, tell them by your answers that all this eco-jazz is not a concern for you and maybe they'll wise up and get back to painting vehicles w/ paint that actually stays on the car.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
AlphaLima

Ronzuki wrote:My wifes pearl black '08 SX4 is missing more paint than it has on it anymore. So how, exaclty, is sanding (green dust??) painting and repainting vehicles eco friendly?
Reminds me of "low flush" toilets. They use way less water per flush. Forget that you have to flush them 8 times per use!
gmkizashi

I edited out content. I feel enough has been said at this point.
Last edited by gmkizashi on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
Riddler

Are the 2011 platinum kizashis chipping a lot?