Kizashi Paint Chip Problem !!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

bring my car back to the dealership for repaint under warranty.
kegard

It sounds like Suzuki is going to take care of the problem, though they haven't specifically said that yet.

I have to bring mine into the dealer this Friday for a rep from Cincinnati to look at it. Hopefully after that the ball will get rolling for the repaint.
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
CCS77

They are painting my bumper, hood, front quarters, rear quarters and trunk. It's being done by a body shop with solvent based paint. I have told them if it does not match perfectly they'll be painting the whole thing.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
Northernstar

good luck with that lol. i highly doubt they will repaint the whole car for you even if color doesn't match. ^^"
CCS77

Northernstar wrote:bring my car back to the dealership for repaint under warranty.
Is this the whole car?
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
Northernstar

Nope, just two rear quarter panels.
chest3r

Alright, my ordeal is finally over. Dealer covered the $1000 paint job from an auto body shop (just the affected area). Got it back the first time and still saw some gray showing through. Assumed it was a crappy job. Went back to the shop, they said it was just primer that didn't get covered, but all the metal is protected. They ended up touching up the areas with a brush and gave me the leftover paint. So at the end of it all, its good. The worst parts have not shown any more chipping and its been two weeks. I'm going to be buying some 3M film to put over the area and doing a real good wash and wax.

Still love the car even with the problems with the paint, the sub, and the amp. A little envious of the turbo though! Okay...a lot envious.
kegard

Glad you got yours taken care of.

I dropped mine off last Friday the 13th so a regional rep could take pictures with a microscopic camera. I don't know what he did or didn't see. My service rep called later and told me that while Suzuki won't admit the paint is defective and will not cover it under warranty, they will fix it as "customer goodwill".

He didn't tell me what parts Suzuki will cover, so when I went to my local body shop I had them price out painting the affected parts of the hood, both quarter panels, bumper, and replacing the black grills. I did not realize just how chipped up the lower grill was!

I am waiting to hear back from my service rep. I don't know if Suzuki will cover all the work I have estimated, but I'm going to push for all of it.

Apparently my shop doesn't use solvent based paints any more and the manager said that within a couple years none will. However the 2 or 3 layers of clear coat is solvent based. I hope that whatever method or materials the shop uses hold up better than what the factory used.
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
nytq

Check out my posts. Bottom line, they will probably paint it, but it will happen again. No one is admitting to a defect, but the paint being used just doesn't hold up. Use the mask as much as possible if it's the removable type. Or just have a clear one installed.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Moto
Site Admin

It is happening with some of the JUKEs now too. I have had a few complaints on one of my other forums. Like suzuki, Nissan isn't quick to say there is a problem. Other updates with the JUKE is that so far of the 450ish members two have needed major engine work done (one replaced), and two have lost the nav/info unit.