Anyone else have issues with OEM tire tread wear?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

My '11 S AWD has 23K on it, and I rotated its tires about 2K ago.

So far so good (and, at 22lb per tire, I may simply replace them when due with the same).
mysuzyK

I just got my car inspected and tire wear was at 8/32 @15,000 miles. I got 17 inch and V rated
and I like em and no problems. noting, 16 inch would wear slightly faster do to smaller size.
~tc~

mysuzyK wrote:. noting, 16 inch would wear slightly faster do to smaller size.
Huh?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
mysuzyK

smaller wheel wears faster from more revolutions.?
mysuzyK

~tc~ wrote:
mysuzyK wrote:. noting, 16 inch would wear slightly faster do to smaller size.
Huh?
I guess what I was trying to say is v and h are speed ratings, tire inflation,tire
sizes of 16-18 inch , and driving styles, all are variables. and "weshoot2 has his tires inflation at 22 ?, my tire light goes on at any
thing below 34. I am not sure why the high wear on Harkzilla's tires. :?
~tc~

The outside diameter, and therefore the RPMs for a given speed, are not at all related to the rim size.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
WESHOOT2

My stock Dunlops weigh 22lb. Lighter wheel/tire combinations accererate more quickly due to less rotational inertia, and the lightened unsprung weight provides the opportunity for more responsive handling.

I realized yesterday I have yet to check the tire pressure on my 23,070-mile Kizashi.
JDReichert

I checked mind today after reading this post. I have a 2010 SLS AWD with 17,500 miles. Front are 6/32" and rear are 7/32" and I rotate them as stated in the manual. This is about the ware I would expect from 18" V rated tires.

Jerry 2010 SlS, 1983 BMW 633CSi, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
twoqttsdad

Hello folks. First post here and a soon to be owner of a 2012 Kizashi SLS. Got a great deal on it too.
I manage a tire warehouse and have come across this topic before.
Vehicle manufacturers are the ones who decide what kind of tires they want on their vehicle. These days a lower rolling resistance tire is usually the top priority for car manufacturers who want to increase their epa mileage numbers. The selected tire manufacturer makes a tire that the vehicle maker wants. The tradeoff for lower rolling resistance is often decreased treadwear. Ask any tire engineer (not salesperson) and they will tell you the same. It's a highly technical subject that involves tire chemistry and physics, hysteresis, deformation, heat and everything in between to keep it short.
OE tires are often good tires but just engineered to provide lower rolling resistance at the cost of treadwear.
Not uncommon.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
NJdriver

The OEM tires are lousy - went bald at 22K miles, even when they were new, horrid in the rain. Replaced with GY eagle GT's and much better in the rain and snow. 8K miles on them, rotated twice, and they show very little wear - and handling is much improved