Anyone else have issues with OEM tire tread wear?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Hawkzilla

My Kiz only has 12K miles on it and the Dunlap OEM tires have already worn the tread almost completely gone on 2 tires. I had my tires rotated at the suggested mileage and they are due for a 2nd rotation, but judging from the front tire tread, after this rotation I will need to get new tires before I hit 20K miles.

I looked at the warranty and these crap tires have no tread life warranty, so I'm guessing I will have to pour $600 into new tires about a year from now. I think that is pretty weak for Suzuki to put that poor of a tire on a $27K car.

Most of you other people on here have twice or three times the miles that I do... has anyone else had this issue?
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Eric998765

I had inquired about the tires before buying a Kizzy and no one said anything bad about them, but the reviews on Tirerack say otherwise. I think they are better than most stock tires, but at the end of the day, they are still stock tires and most companies aren't going to give you the best when you drive your car off the lot.
AlexRuiz

I am of the idea that the V rated and H rated version of this tire are quite different. The reviews on tirerack apply to the H rated version. Which ones do you have?

My Kizzy had the V rated ones (215/60R16) and they still have 8/10 left of treadwear, not to mention they do very well on the dry and the rain, and surprisingly very well in the snow for a high performance all season tire. I have 9300 miles on them. I am, to be honest, pleasantly surprised and quite happy with them. If they were cheaper (V rated are $30 more per tire) I would probably buy them again.

Alex
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Hawkzilla

I don't know which rated version I have, but I own a AWD SLS so maybe that helps? I will take a pic of my tread and post it... I can't believe it's this worn at 12K miles.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
alandee83

I had to replace mine at 23,000 miles. There was some tread left but the car would hydroplane on a drop of water. Although the tread wore fast (in my opinion), it did wear evenly. Mine is a FWD SLS - don't know what version the stock tires were.
~tc~

Mine came with a separate treadwear warranty booklet, I'll find it when I get home.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
AlexRuiz

You can find what version you got. Right after the tire size you will find a number (90 something) followed by a "H" or a "V". That will tell what version tire you got. Please post back. If those with tread wear issues have H rated, my speculation might hold some truth. If you got V rated tires, I don't know what might be the issue :ugeek:

Edit: Links to both tires on tirerack.com

215/60R16 H rated
215/60R16 V rated

$30 difference
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
~tc~

Mine are 235/45 R18 94V

...and I checked the warranty, and you are correct, it doesn't cover tread wear - only defects within 1 year or 2/32" tread depth
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
AlexRuiz

~tc~ wrote:Mine are 235/45 R18 94V

...and I checked the warranty, and you are correct, it doesn't cover tread wear - only defects within 1 year or 2/32" tread depth
V rated tire... Well, here it goes my speculation about V rated vs H rated. no clue to be honest then.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Eric998765

It's funny this thread was started yesterday. I was washing and waxing my car yesterday and noticed a huge gash of tread flapping from my front passenger side tire's sidewall. My car only has 5,000 miles so I'd prefer to not have to get a new set of tires, guess I'll hope for the best and that my fast corner doesn't cause any problems with it.