Long-term Test @ Inside Line

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

here's the link with updates; let's hope that the car would hold up well:

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/V ... zashi-gts/
kentucky1777

The Edmunds site is by far the best evaluation of the Kizashi. I want a Silver GTS 6 speed like their test car.
Senegal

agreed, i like edmunds as well....there is not a more comprehensive review of this any car anywhere on the net

i personally like my AWD black SLS.....it's a beautiful color when clean

i'm in OR now and it snowed a couple inches yesterday and I got to test the car for the first time in snow...it was stable like a tank
Moto
Site Admin

It would be nice to see some more media coverage for the car. Most of the reviews are positive, but it is hard to move cars when people say "Kizashi?... Is it a motorcycle?"

There have been 4 Kizashies sold locally, and I have yet to see a manual in there inventory. Also I have never seen one on the road... I have a feeling that the Canadians might be snatching them up and running back to Canada with them. (no offense Canadians)
NJKizashi

Moto wrote:It would be nice to see some more media coverage for the car. Most of the reviews are positive, but it is hard to move cars when people say "Kizashi?... Is it a motorcycle?"

There have been 4 Kizashies sold locally, and I have yet to see a manual in there inventory. Also I have never seen one on the road... I have a feeling that the Canadians might be snatching them up and running back to Canada with them. (no offense Canadians)
True, the name is Cool..but for the American Market it wont work. Unless you're set on this car and know what you're buying (like us on this site), then people will settle for your usual Honda's, Toy's, Nissan etc.

This car is for guys in their late 20's, to mid 40's..thats it...and you have to be a "Car Guy" to really appreciate the car for what it is...a Truly good Sport Sedan. 8-)
Zen RN

This car is for guys in their late 20's, to mid 40's..thats it...and you have to be a "Car Guy" to really appreciate the car for what it is...a Truly good Sport Sedan.
AHEM - I'm not a guy. I understand your point that Suzuki is probably marketing this car to that demographic, but...

When I was a little girl, I "helped" my Dad rebuild countelss VW Beetle motors. I "helped" by handing him tools and such, but I paid attention. He always explained to me what he was doing. I probably know more about a pressure plate for a late 70's Beetle than any of you here! :D

In my early 20's I replaced the valve cover gaskets on my 77 Monte Carlo. Then I did the head gasket on my 80-something Ford Tempo. Then I did the brakes on my '90 Dodge Daytona. Then I did body work on my '72 Dodge Demon. I did tune-ups and oil changes on all of them.

I am not your typical girl, I know. And I'm not saying I know everything, but, seriously, how many girls do you know who even know what a pressure plate is??? I fell in love with the Kizashi the moment I saw a picture of it. My only question was whether I could get it in a manual, because driving an automatic is really only steering! I got my SLS 6-speed, and believe me, I truly enjoy driving it.

So, being a bit older and maybe a bit wiser, I appreciate the safety features, and love the refined feeling of the SLS interior....but I've never lost touch with that little girl who giggled when her Dad took out his SuperBeetle and cranked it up to 90mph on the highway!

Just a thought....
flipside

Moto wrote:There have been 4 Kizashies sold locally, and I have yet to see a manual in there inventory. Also I have never seen one on the road... I have a feeling that the Canadians might be snatching them up and running back to Canada with them. (no offense Canadians)
Most possibly, the only available trim here is the SLS AWD/CVT version :cry:
2014 MB GLK350 4Matic - Hers - replaced 2009 SX4 JX
2011 BMW 328i Xdrive - Repaced Kizashi
2012 Grand Vitara JX - Sis - replaced 2009 SX4 Sedan MT
2011 Kizashi Silver - Mine (RIP) will be missed
kentucky1777

Moto wrote:It would be nice to see some more media coverage for the car. Most of the reviews are positive, but it is hard to move cars when people say "Kizashi?... Is it a motorcycle?"

I test drove a CVT GTS last week and the salesman said that in the DC market the demand for manual transmission cars is so small they don't even order them. They can get them from other dealers, but the nearest one is in PA.

The car and salesman were great. I was very surprised how responsive the CVT version was, but I'm a devout stick driver. It handled great and was incredibly quiet at 90 MPH (that's no typo). Say what you want about needing a turbo or a V6, but this car is plenty quick, and with a 6 speed, manual I think I'll be in heaven.... So far the best offer I've gotten from several dealers is $22,614 (plus tax and tags) including destination charges for a Silver 6 speed manual GTS. Is this a fair price?
avmustang

^ your price is $100 below "invoice". That is a good price right now. However, if you wait till mid to late summer, you should be able to do even better, as the 2011's will be coming out. I can consistently get quotes (and have) on cars $3000 below invoice (Nissans, Toyotas, Fords etc). However, you have to wait till around the time the new models will be coming out. And, you have to let dealers know that you have gotten price quotes on vehicles way below invoice. The dealer can only do it when the manufacturer provides those deep incentives. These deep incentives are often not advertised at all though. You kind of have to judge by the time of year, basically, when the new models will be coming in. If you wait a few more months, you should be able to get any trim Kizashi for $2500-$3000 below invoice.

and watch out for that ripoff sticker-add-on to the side of the real invoice (on the car). I saw it on the Kizashis in my town, it is like a $500 charge for fabric protection and some other BS. Tell the dealer you are NOT paying for that. Scotchguard the seats yourself for around $6 and 20 minutes of your time.
avmustang

^the manual will be about 100lbs less that the CVT, so it will be quicker.

What is stopping me from getting a Kizashi is the paint defects it has. Factor in 3M paint protection film application to your total cost, unless you can handle your new ride chipping away to the bone.