how to adjust headlights left and right.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
boombazokajoe

anyone know how. i see where your suppose to adjust it but they have a cover of some sort over it. anyone know how to get it off??? i can easily get to the screw to go up and down.
nytq

You shouldn't have to remove anything. The Up/Down and Left/Right adjustment screws are accessible thru the cover plates.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
boombazokajoe

you can adjust the headlights up and down with no problem. they seem to have some sort of cover or something in the way in the hole to adjust it left or right... anyone know how to get that out to move them???
nytq

Sorry, I've never actually tried to do this. I saw the marked holes and just assumed you could do u/d and l/r adjustments. I've attached a procedure to do this and it does not mention left or right adjustments, only up and down. Strange!!!
Attachments
Headlights.pdf
(420.62 KiB) Downloaded 5077 times
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
boombazokajoe

thanks man for the help
Ronzuki

What timing....last 2 nights I've come home in the rain and fog and noticed the driver's beam is lighting up all the corn fields to my right wonderfully...nice, can't really see what's in front of ME though! I was going to look at this over the weekend and now I see it seems 'they' don't trust 'us' fiddling with left and right adjustment. Well, if you can see the adj. screw through the cover, a) it comes off or b) the cordless drill will be employed to remedy the problem. And here I've been thinking the last year or so ..."uh-oh, my old-guy eyes are starting to fail me w/ night time driving" :oops:

EDIT: guess I ought to wait and see what Toddashi finds out first eh?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
boombazokajoe

thanks toddashi..... yea mine are the same way... i just adjusted mine enough also with my hids in... seems to be pretty good where they are now..
will2k

Toddashi wrote: I've noticed that the lights aren't perfectly centered on the horizontal (X) axis. They are adjusted with a slight bias to the right; as if they are purposely aimed away from oncoming traffic and didn't want this changed - maybe due to U.S. DOT or NHTSB recommendations or something. I assume they have a left aiming bias in other countries that drive on the left side of the road. I'll post the information if the dealer has an explanation.
So it's not just me lol Here in Australia where the passenger side is the left side i have noticed the left headlight aims more to the left and even if i adjust it as far right as possible it is still to the left.

I think ive got a good aiming setup now though.

Taking the plastic plate off takes 10 secs with a flat head screwdriver but if you have a long enough philips head you don't need to take the plastic covers off for anybody wondering.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
babacu

will2k wrote:
Toddashi wrote: I've noticed that the lights aren't perfectly centered on the horizontal (X) axis. They are adjusted with a slight bias to the right; as if they are purposely aimed away from oncoming traffic and didn't want this changed - maybe due to U.S. DOT or NHTSB recommendations or something. I assume they have a left aiming bias in other countries that drive on the left side of the road. I'll post the information if the dealer has an explanation.
So it's not just me lol Here in Australia where the passenger side is the left side i have noticed the left headlight aims more to the left and even if i adjust it as far right as possible it is still to the left.
They're supposed to be like that. From a wikipedia article:

"Low beam (dipped beam, passing beam, meeting beam) headlamps provide a distribution of light designed to provide adequate forward and lateral illumination with limits on light directed towards the eyes of other road users, to control glare."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Low_beam
gaww

will2k wrote:

I think ive got a good aiming setup now though.

Taking the plastic plate off takes 10 secs with a flat head screwdriver but if you have a long enough philips head you don't need to take the plastic covers off for anybody wondering.
Unless you have a different setup over there, I don't see how the L/R can be accessed with just a long philips head - it has a cover over it. The U/D does not.