Curbs and Kizashi don't mix

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kizashigal

I have managed to get curb rash on 3 of 4 rims already. You barely touch a curb and these things get scuffed up. It's depressing. I would rather scuff a sidewall then a rim.. I like the rims, but hate how easy they get mucked up!
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
Firefly

Same here. It hurts at first, but after a while I just don't notice it so much.

One thing I notice with the Kizashi is that it feels like you are a little farther from the curb than you actually are. I think it is a combination of the wide offset of the wheels, and the narrower roof pillars, which give the illusion of a narrower car from the driver's seat.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Trailboss

I share the sorrow...two of four for us. Our kizashi is the wife's daily driver, she got rid of her Jeep Liberty which one sets higher in and can see the corners better. I drive an 18 wheeler most of the time and never touch the curbs with my tires, but I scraped one of the Kizashi Wheels. :cry:
WESHOOT2

.....and I squashed my right front under-bumper misjudging distance..... :shock:
KIZAWDinKC

Yup. I actually posted in the DIY section of a paint job I did on my wheel. A year ago, I backed out of a parking spot and forgot a curb was next to it, and I tore the hell out of the wheel. I learned that the wheel will make contact with a curb before the tire does. I scratched a rear rim as well in the drive-thru at burger king. My paint job has held up, and I forgot I even did it until now. It's somewhat noticeable because the repair job will never be perfect. I wouldn't mind having new wheels, but I'll live with it.

Be careful of curbs with the Kizashi. At least with my old Camry, I could hit a curb and the tire would absorb all the contact.
ah_Perth

Anybody tried these?

http://www.rimskins.com/
Moto
Site Admin

If they really work that is fairly cool.
gaww

I would think with a removal/remount of a tire, they would be history. You get a 5th piece that could be applied after fixing a flat one time.

I have mixed a color close to the wheel with the small paint touch-up kits (the small ones with a brush) that works pretty good after smoothing the scrape off.
Hardboiled

ah_Perth wrote:Anybody tried these?

http://www.rimskins.com/

They look interesting. Heck, they would be a good way to add some colour to the rims even if the rims are not scuffed up.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi SX AWD silver
1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD red
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS S-AWC grey
2009 Toyota Matrix AWD blue

Previous Vehicles:
1990 Honda Accord EX-R coupe black
1987 Honda Accord EXi grey
The Turbo Man

This thread is a bit ridiculous.. Get a rim doctor, they will usually fix wheels for 35-50$ a wheel and make them look new. They normally work on cars that come in from a lease that have scuffs, they work out back of car dealerships and paint and buff wheels all day.. How hard is it to just watch for curbs... I have HRE's on my Audi, maybe that is why I look out more. My son drive the Kizashi and has no rim damage, although he did back into a tree parallel parking.