Curbs and Kizashi don't mix

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
nytq

Glad you said it first Turbo Man. Learn to drive already LOL.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Ronzuki

My 'curb rash' is actually from the steel tube guide rail in the drive through no-touch car wash we've been using for about 14 years. The Kiz is the only vehicle ever I've had a problem with in there. Granted, it's hard to see driving fwd w/ the undercarriage spray going all over the place.
Not worth spending any money to repair, it'll just happen again.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
kizashigal

The learn to drive comment is unnecessary don't you think? I've driven more cars then I can remember, and this is the first car where the rim hits before the sidewall. It's also the first car I've owned with 18 inch rims that wasn't a truck, so there is a learning curve with a new car. With that said, this was meant as a friendly post to voice an annoyance of the car, so how about you be civil and leave the insults to a forum meant for them.
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
CLLee

I always point the side mirror (curb side) down when I reverse park. That way, I can see the curb and how much room I have.

Some new Lexus and Golf models have this on auto. When they go into reverse, the mirrors automatically point down.
ah_Perth

My thoughts too Kizashigal. I think I am a good driver and yes it is easy to scrape the wheels, when parking, with a high gutter, and the passender front wheel area is hard to see. I have done it a few times, in a number of cars.....just trying to get a bit closer to the kerb! eg when getting the car close to the curb with my elderly mother in the passenger seat and getting both her and her frame, out of the car. It has NOTHING to do with hitting a curb at 60km/hour. Yes, THAT'S poor driving.
Trailboss

kizashigal wrote:The learn to drive comment is unnecessary don't you think? I've driven more cars then I can remember, and this is the first car where the rim hits before the sidewall. It's also the first car I've owned with 18 inch rims that wasn't a truck, so there is a learning curve with a new car. With that said, this was meant as a friendly post to voice an annoyance of the car, so how about you be civil and leave the insults to a forum meant for them.

QFT

I have probably driven more miles than most on this board, 100k for 30 years with an excellent driving and safety record, and managed to scuff a wheel.
Drem

I scuffed one of mine pretty bad in a drive-thru, but it's hardly noticeable unless you're looking up close.
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver