Hate to be the bearer of not great news.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
MNSLS

It's nice to have the dealer to do no cost warranty repairs. Other than that?? Aren't they just another repair shop? I guess I'm old because I do most of the car work myself. As I'm approaching 60K I think I'll capture and post most of those repairs here. About the only thing I won't be doing is the transmission fluid. Not that I can't, I just tend to hate doing those.
Atlas

On my end of things, Suzuki is looking up here. They just redid a new dealership here for Suzuki. And I've been paying attention to their Kizashis they have on the lot. They went from having 4, 1 AWD and 3 FWD in the back of the lot, to now having an entire front row of them. And the dealer I bought my car from was about an hour away (It has better reviews), said before they could name every single person in the state that had a Kizashi, but lately it's gone up. And, another hour down the road from that one, a brand new Suzuki dealership was just built. I dont know about anywhere else, but in my state Suzuki is on the uptick.
Stodge

Suzuki Canada claim to be looking to open another dealer in Ottawa, which is odd as the only one within city limits is tiny, old, dirty and not confidence inspiring. It's also more a used shop than anything else from what I see. There's some land near my house if they're seriously looking. :)
EnfinityX

our nearest suzuki dealership has gone away too :(
jorgis1

I just recently parted with my Kizashi... Had it for almost a year with 7000 miles. I am from Brownsville, TX. WAY in the southern tip of Texas. My dealer is just a few minutes away, but they have horrible service and very few suzukis. I had bought the 2011 sport gts with nav for $26000 and traded it in being worth 15000. If you check the KBB site the kizashi is only worth about $12000. I was so impressed that this car lost so much of its value in less than a year. I previously had owned a dodge avenger rt which was worth 12500 when i traded it in as an 08 model with 31000 miles. So to me, I think suzuki is REALLY in trouble here in the US. Their cars dont keep any of their value. I REALLY DID LOVE my Kizashi but i wanted to have some equity in the car. I basically owed more than it was worth. I decided to go with a 2013 mustang for now since I couldnt get a hold of the beautiful subaru BRZ. Hope this offered you all some info. I do miss those stares from people trying to guess what my car was... :(
Danbob

Told you guys so...Just sayin'....
chazyouwin

What American Suzuki does through Chapter 11 U.S. Bankruptcy law will be interesting. This law gives it the power to reject contracts and reorganize, provided the creditors approve.

But once Suzuki is no longer selling vehicles in the U.S., it would be able to partner with someone to sell the same vehicles under another name. Imagine, the Nissan Kizashi.

Unfortunately, given the current and continued projected strength of the yen I suspect it will not make sense for Suzuki to sell basic Suzukis under another name.

Perhaps Fiat eventually comes in with rebranded Suzukis.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Ronzuki

Danbob wrote:Told you guys so...Just sayin'....
Yep....you were right, I was wrong.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)