The gas you you put in your Kizzy really matters.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NiteRider

I've run a test here for the past month since I was initially disappointed with the mpg I was getting. Using different kind of Gas I've seen a difference in mpg. All Gas was 87 grade, used the same roads everyday (70/30, Hwy/City) and used the same driving habits.

Grocery Store Gas: 24.2 MPG
Sheetz Gas: 24.6 MPG
Exxon Gas: 26.2 MPG

Exxon, while being 3 cents higher per gallon (0.75% increase), gave me a full 2 MPG more (8.2%) over grocery store gas.

I will run more tests to see if I can get the same consistency, but right now I'm stoked about this. I'd rather fill up with Chevron (My preference) but the closest one is 60 miles away. I'm going on a longer trip across the state for memorial day weekend, so I'll be able to tell what I can get with just Hwy with Exxon. I'll try to fill up with Texaco or Chevron if I see one at my destination before returning home.

Moral of the story: Don't go for the cheapest gas as you end up paying more money for it and your car will also appreciate a higher tiered fuel.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
mysuzyK

I have found this also to be true. My best mileage is when I visit friends
near Williamsport Pa and I can get non ethanol gas I can get at least 2mpg more,
very hard to fine in upstate NY some call it boat gas, you sometimes can find it near
waterways.
NiteRider

mysuzyK wrote:I have found this also to be true. My best mileage is when I visit friends
near Williamsport Pa and I can get non ethanol gas I can get at least 2mpg more,
very hard to fine in upstate NY some call it boat gas, you sometimes can find it near
waterways.
I'll be going through Williamsport at one point. What's the name of the gas station?
'10 Jeep Liberty
BxKizashiS

Great test.. I too noticed gas mileage on regular gas sucks. I remember for a whole month I was using Sunoco 94... & I've gotten like 38mph hwy. & everyday for that money I was drivin 39 miles upstate & 39 back down. So going for the higher octane gas makes a big difference
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
Northernstar

i know different gas makes a difference but i just dont have enough patience to so a long term test lol. and apparently different octane level makes a difference too
NiteRider

Please note, that I kept the octane rating the same, just used different brands of gas in my test. I don't know if it's worth paying an extra 40cents/gallon more for premium.
'10 Jeep Liberty
mysuzyK

@NiteRider the gas station is 1220 Broad Street, Montoursville, PA. called Rainbow Market?

also near state College
Dan's Gulf Services
17 Pennsylvania Avenue, Mill Hall, PA 17751
(570) 726-9910 ‎
Firefly

NiteRider wrote:Please note, that I kept the octane rating the same, just used different brands of gas in my test. I don't know if it's worth paying an extra 40cents/gallon more for premium.
Right - I agree quality varies and I've had best satisfaction with Sunoco for all my cars. Higher octane than required does not make a difference. "Premium" is a misnomer.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
jute2003

yeah, I was gonna say..... quality should make much much much more of a difference than octane.
~tc~

Sometime watch the gas delivery truck ... You might be surprised to see him stop at several different branded stations in town.

There is no way to say "this brand is better than that one" on a nationwide (or worse yet, worldwide) level. Almost all stations are independently owned and have considerable freedom to source their gas. Even the ones who are locked in will be getting it from different refineries across the nation to limit transportation costs.

All you can do is continue to buy from the same station if you find one that works particularly well for you, and keep track of it so that when they change, you can change too.

I would also argue that MPG measurement has considerable variability. I have a standing offer to perform REAL statistical analysis of anyone's mileage data. You need at least 10 tanks worth of data in each of "condition a" and "condition b". With that, I can tell you if the difference is truly significant (and by how much), or is just part of the natural variation.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic