Should I Buy Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

I am pretty happy with my SX so far. Just some vibrations or grinding noise there and there. Not sure if they had fixed the paint issue or not but at least my rock chips were covered under warranty. It's a bit underpowered but as long as you are not a hardcore speed demon, you will be fine. CVT will take some time to get used to though.
EnfinityX

Bromeo wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and I've been looking at the Kizashi for about a week now. I'm a 20 year old, whose never owned a car before but I am pretty sure that this is going to be my first car. It has everything that I want/need...Before I found out about the Kizashi I spent about a month researching all types of cars, and eventually limiting my choices down to several cars; the Subaru Impreza Sport Limited, the Hyundai Sonata, and this Suzuki Kizashi. Before I decide to finalize my decision here, a few things are somewhat holding me back from buying this car, and I think this forum would be the best place to put these discouragements to rest.

First off, how reliable is this car? I've looked at almost every single youtube video that is Kizashi related, and people have commented on how well designed this car is, but sources from many websites say otherwise. My dad who used to be a vehicle sales-rep is also believes that this car has poor reliability, because Suzuki is known for their history of bikes and off-road vehicles, not sedans. It's especially hard to find evidence of reliability because sales are so low in the US.

Secondly, how effective is the AWD system? Is the awd system worth it on the Kizashi? I've read that it adds an extra 300 pounds, which would be a drag for the already somewhat incompetent fuel economy.

Lastly, does this car have a good trade-in, or re-sell value in about 5 years? I know people hate to hear this asked, especially when a buyer like me wants to buy a car that no one really knows about. Demand will obviously be lower compared to mainstream sedans, but it's something that I like to consider especially when I'm buying something with a big price tag. Has anyone traded their Kizashi away for something else that is considered a "good deal"? or if anyone has sold away their Kizashi for a nice chunk of money?

Please inform me with your experiences with the Kizashi! Thanks for your time, and sorry for the long post :D
Hi, if you haven't bought a car yet, i have some experience with both the kizzy and the impreza sport (own both). Reliability if you look closely at the data, Suzukis which were built and designed by suzuki were in the past very reliable. The bad rep comes from the daewoos and chevys that were rebadged as suzukis.

The AWD has not really put a step wrong in Canadian winters, we have snows for it though. Take that how you will, we have not experienced and problems with weather.

Not too sure about resale value, can't comment about that, we run our cars into the ground and then keep running them.

Feel free to msg me about my experiences with either the impreza or kizashi.