A "Which Tire Question"

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
PlatinumGTS

Time for new tires on the GTS AWD. I had two of the original Dunlops replaced at less than 12,000 miles and I'm not interested in them.

I have narrowed it down to four that seem interesting and maybe some of you have had experience/opinions of them. (235 45 18) Any thoughts would be appreciated. Not looking for high performance but good all season and wear. Some light snow performance too. I am concerned about noise.

I have seen some comments here on the Generals.

1. General G-MAX AS-03

2. Falken Azenis PT722

3. Goodyear Eagle GT

4. Kumho ECSTA 4X KU22

Any thoughts??

Also, since I want to replace all 4, I will have the two Dunlops that were replaced about 6000 miles ago available for sale if any of you Western PA guys might be interested.

Thanks, Mike
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
~tc~

I went with the Continental DWS, and they are FAR better in the wet and I think a bit quieter on the highway. Pretty happy with them so far.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
PlatinumGTS

I had Continentals on my last car and while I did like them they didn' t wear well for me. I also can't seem to find a good deal here.
Ronzuki

~tc~ wrote:I went with the Continental DWS, and they are FAR better in the wet and I think a bit quieter on the highway. Pretty happy with them so far.
~tc~, better than what? the Generals or the OE Dunlops? I assume the Dunlops, just asking for clarification.

Contis are my second choice due to price being better on the Generals, at least around here.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KIZ FAN

I would have gone with the Continentals given the chance but the place where I bought the car put on 4 new Nitto Motivo'shttp://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/tires/nitto-motivo/. So far I have nothing bad to say about them. They seem like a solid tire and have received good reviews from road and track.

not to mention they are more cost efficient.
Last edited by KIZ FAN on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlatinumGTS

Thanks Kiz Fan,

I had missed those and will check into them as well.
~tc~

Ronzuki wrote:
~tc~ wrote:I went with the Continental DWS, and they are FAR better in the wet and I think a bit quieter on the highway. Pretty happy with them so far.
~tc~, better than what? the Generals or the OE Dunlops? I assume the Dunlops, just asking for clarification.

Contis are my second choice due to price being better on the Generals, at least around here.
The OE Dunlops.

Note: best prices I have ever seen on any tire were here: http://www.onlinetires.com/
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
jinx1984

I too went with the DWS on my 2011 AWD SLS. They are a vast improvement over the stock Dunlops. Much quieter and have a significantly better ride quality. They are an XL load range in 235/45/18 size and they are lighter in weight as well in comparison to the OEM Dunlops.
2011 Sport SLS AWD
jimmerz

I asked my uncle who owns a tire shop. He said if it were him it would be between the General and the Kumho. The Goodyears are loud and he has had some complaints about the Falkens. Very good reviews from customers on the General.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
PlatinumGTS

jimmerz,

Did he say what the complaints were on the Falkens? I was leaning toward them a little more.

Thanks