2012 Kizashi CVT issues

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Blackbelt

The manual calls for a 'fluid deterioration check' at 45K. Similar to what the Caliber i used to have called for at 60K. I would let the dealer do this, and to change the CVT tranny fluid if needed. That way, if they fuck it up, they can eat then new tranny. The CVT is petty picky about the fluid and the procedure required to flush and fill.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
Jolo

Quick Question: The Kizash has a CVT transmission with Paddle Shift.

On manual mode, it has 5 or 6 gears?

Thank you!

Jolo.
Northernstar

6 speed
Ronzuki

Blackbelt wrote:The manual calls for a 'fluid deterioration check' at 45K. Similar to what the Caliber i used to have called for at 60K. I would let the dealer do this, and to change the CVT tranny fluid if needed. That way, if they fuck it up, they can eat then new tranny. The CVT is petty picky about the fluid and the procedure required to flush and fill.
Thanks BB. I figured that there was some picky-ness involved with these things. Had you ever had the fluid 'checked' and/or replaced in the Caliber? If so do you know what the test of the fluid involved and/or how they'd go about changing it (drain and fill vs. closed loop flush)?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Blackbelt

Ronzuki wrote:
Blackbelt wrote:The manual calls for a 'fluid deterioration check' at 45K. Similar to what the Caliber i used to have called for at 60K. I would let the dealer do this, and to change the CVT tranny fluid if needed. That way, if they fuck it up, they can eat then new tranny. The CVT is petty picky about the fluid and the procedure required to flush and fill.
Thanks BB. I figured that there was some picky-ness involved with these things. Had you ever had the fluid 'checked' and/or replaced in the Caliber? If so do you know what the test of the fluid involved and/or how they'd go about changing it (drain and fill vs. closed loop flush)?
No, i sold it at 50K, so i didnt have to do anything to the CVT.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
shinyapgh

It's been a while since I posted this, but just wanted to update.
As I mentioned in my original post, I took my car in at 11k miles because the car broke down. The dealer said the axle popped out of the transmission, and after sitting in the dealer for 2 weeks, they just put the axle back in and gave it back to me. Sure enough 2 weeks later after I picked it up, the car broke down AGAIN.
Finally, in June, 2013, I decided to just get out of this car all together. I wanted more room in my car anyway, so i traded it in for a 2010 certified used Toyota Venza AWD.
I took some loss by trading it in, as the car value has significantly dropped since Suzuki USA has gone under.
Then a couple of weeks ago, my lemon lawyer told me that I'm getting $2000 in compensation. Not too bad I guess. I'm just glad that I got out of Kizashi, and now driving a very reliable car. It would've become harder and harder to get the car serviced, and with all of the issues I was having, I didn't want to deal with that anymore.
I hope anyone that's having CVT issues with Kizashi gets their issues sorted out.
LPSISRL

Just remember too, that this is not a transmission made by Suzuki. It's a Jatco that's used in a lot of cars. It's been road-proven for many years as a reliable CVT transmission. So don't panic Kizashi owners.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Grandpa1951

It would be interesting to see what tranny oil other car manufacturers are using/stipulating for their Jatco unit. I would imagine they would be shipped from Jatco dry, leaving it up to the car makers to add the oil. Could be a few issues there if that is the case. Does the LHD cars have the additional air cooled tranny cooler we have here in Aus.? So far my new car/cvt is going fine, and so it should...
Stodge

It's the same transmission in my wife's Versa but its only got about 13000km on it. So it's too soon to tell.
WESHOOT2

I am near 95K without CVT issues.
I have had no service performed on it (yet).